Slipstream68

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hi, I seem to have a big problem. Upon startup, my bios screen is green!
Not black like it should be, but green instead! Everthing seems to function ok and the CMOS settings are intact....but green! And after the OS loads, the display remains green!

I can't say for sure, but it seems to have started after installing some front panel USB and sound components. Maybe I accidentally touched something I shouldn't have?

I removed all that stuff and even flashed the bios. Still green! What could be causing this and how do I fix it???

Details:
Motherboard:..........ASUS A8N32-SLI
Graphics Card:.......NVidia GeForce 6600
Operating System:..SuSE Linux 10.1

Please help :!:

Morton

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
Maybe the problem has something to do with the monitor. :roll:
But to me it sounds like a leprechaun to me, sitting in that front panel USB. :lol:

Raeven_Zero

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Look for a bent or broken pin inside of your monitors connector plug. If not that, try testing it using a different known-good video card and/or monitor.

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
It's a broken pin or two somewhere in the VGA link.

Try a different cable (if you can), try a different monitor, try a different graphics card. Swap stuff around till it all works again.

Slipstream68

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Wow, it was indeed a leprechaun!

My graphics card has dual-DVI connectors, and I switched to the second one. It solved the problem. Works on the first one now, too.

Obviously sometihng or someone lives in my graphics card :twisted:

Thanks for all the quick replies. After lots of attempts at installing new drivers, etc., I was really worried about this---like maybe I wrecked my new system. I didn't have any other components nearby for testing purposes (spare monitor, old graphics card), but I forgot to perform the obvious: Unplug the monitor.

Great forum. Thanks again!