A really interesting GUI for the PPC

January 26, 2005 9:58:46 PM

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to install and use the eXperience
WinXP GUI for my 2215 PPC. Its changed the entire way I use my PPC.
It can be seen at http://www.digitalexpedition.com/main/index.htm

Best $20 I ever spent.

Frank

More about : interesting gui ppc

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:12:03 AM

Ah! This is going to give me nightmares! I worry that the next version of
PocketPC will look, feel, and operate as poorly as windows XP, so that's
really scary!

"BWR" <xxx@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o T2oewBBFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to install and use the eXperience
> WinXP GUI for my 2215 PPC. Its changed the entire way I use my PPC.
> It can be seen at http://www.digitalexpedition.com/main/index.htm
>
> Best $20 I ever spent.
>
> Frank
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:41:35 PM

The early CE PDAs were heavily criticised because the GUI was too close to
the desktop Windows GUI, and that paradigm clearly didn't work well on a PDA
Fortunately Microsoft learned that lesson, I don't think they'll go there
again. Unfortunately there's no accounting for some peoples taste, but I
doubt there'll be much call for this product.

Tony

Edward L. Mann wrote:
> Ah! This is going to give me nightmares! I worry that the next
> version of PocketPC will look, feel, and operate as poorly as windows
> XP, so that's really scary!
>
> "BWR" <xxx@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o T2oewBBFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to install and use the
>> eXperience WinXP GUI for my 2215 PPC. Its changed the entire way I
>> use my PPC.
>> It can be seen at http://www.digitalexpedition.com/main/index.htm
>>
>> Best $20 I ever spent.
>>
>> Frank
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:28:37 PM

Edward L. Mann wrote:
> Ah! This is going to give me nightmares! I worry that the next
> version of PocketPC will look, feel, and operate as poorly as windows
> XP, so that's really scary!

What are you talking about, XP is one of the best OS's out there. The
stability rivals linux and the power is unchallenged. Hell, I've never had
XP crash, lock up, or otherweise go kablooie. I only ever shutdown my
computer when I have to restart it for program installations. I have to
restart my PPC more often that my PC.

So I ask you, how is it that scary?

Ryan
!