Corrupted graphics card output

zer085

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hello.

Got an annoying problem with my graphics card wich is a PowerColor Radeon X800GT 256MB PCIE card.

The image is corrupted both in the startup of windows and in windows, wich should rule out any driver related problems.
I am also unable to play any kinds of games.

The image corruption in windows can be fixed by turning off any kind of hardware acceleration on my gfx card, but it still doesn`t allow me to play games.

The problem first occured when i moved the pc to my new apartment. After a lot of trying and failing to fix this i got fed up and simply packed the whole pc away for a while and when i put it back up to see if i could fix this issue, the problem had solved it self somehow (?!).

But then again, a couple of days ago, the problem was back and nothing i do now seems to do any good.

I have tried several different driver versions from both PowerColor and OmegaDrivers.
I have never done anything about the gfx card bios.
The rest of my hardware drivers are completly up to date.
I have tried to replace the monitor, the cable to the monitor and used both outputs on my gfx card.
The PCIE slot has been checked for dust that might disturb the images.

My computer is running Windows XP SP2 with DirecX 9.0.
Motherboard: ECS NFORCE4-A939, nForce4, Socket-939.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz Socket 939, 512KB.
RAM: Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB.

Adding a screenshot from dxdiag as well:
dxdiaggc1.jpg

zer085

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
It`s distorted there as well.
Everything points in the direction of a gfx card hardware protblem. but I find it strange that a hardware problem is coming and going, at least when I know it`s not a heat issue.

And yes, I have tried to re-seat it.

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry but I would say that your PC (probably the video card) has suffered some sort of vibration damage during your move...
Could be that one of the resistors on the card is loose/damaged...

zer085

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Sorry but I would say that your PC (probably the video card) has suffered some sort of vibration damage during your move...
Could be that one of the resistors on the card is loose/damaged...
Vibrator damage to a resistor is pretty unlikely, but I agree that it`s damaged. :wink: