Page Scanner

I have a parallel Visioneer Paperport Strobe scanner that I am trying out. I
have a couple questions. It appears from what I read in the manual that the
PaperPort software does not have to be loaded for the scanner to grab the
paper and feed it through the scanner. If I insert a sheet of paper into the
scanner I see the green light come on but the motor never starts to run. I
suspect the cable inasmuch as my Zip drive will not work off of the cable,
but Zip works when plugged directly into the computer. The scanner will not
work when the parallel cable is hooked directly between the computer and the
cable.

Any suggestions?

Bill

"william lowry" <popcorn8@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I have a parallel Visioneer Paperport Strobe scanner that I am trying out.
> have a couple questions. It appears from what I read in the manual that
the
> PaperPort software does not have to be loaded for the scanner to grab the
> paper and feed it through the scanner. If I insert a sheet of paper into
the
> scanner I see the green light come on but the motor never starts to run. I
> suspect the cable inasmuch as my Zip drive will not work off of the cable,
> but Zip works when plugged directly into the computer. The scanner will
not
> work when the parallel cable is hooked directly between the computer and
the
> cable.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Bill

Make sure you are using a IEEE 1284 rated cable.

Connect from the computer to Visioneer Paperport Strobe scanner. Do not put
anything in between.

A standard printer cable does not have all 25 connectors. (It has 18
conductors).

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I fixed the problem. I took it off of my 2K machine and moved it to my ME
machine.