Hello all. I'm trying to convert PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents in to MS Word
documents. When I do a Google search it points me to the MS downloads site,
but when I search there I get nothing for such a conversion. Is there a way
to do this?
Many thanks!

Hi,

You need to search a bit more. There are plenty out there and you will find
varying degrees of success. I've used this one in the past with some good
results:
http://www.scansoft.com/pdfconverter/

The problem is that the formatting varies greatly, and the conversions do
not always get everything right. It may take some trial and error to find
one that does what you want it to do. I've found no better results with the
ones that cost a few bucks over the ones that are freeware (though like any
freeware you need to watch to ensure that only what you expect is being
installed, freeware often contains little "extras" that you may not want).
The best way to edit an Adobe file is with their own editor (but that is not
the most cost effective way either).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"LMO" <lmo@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all. I'm trying to convert PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents in to MS
> Word documents. When I do a Google search it points me to the MS downloads
> site, but when I search there I get nothing for such a conversion. Is
> there a way to do this?
> Many thanks!

Thanks, Rick. I did find one called Solid Converter that seems to work well.
Gave me a free 30 day demo to see if it does the trick, too.