Asus P5B Deluxe and the Asus P5B Deluxe/WIFI-AP

chantmak

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Whats the difference between the Asus P5B Deluxe and the Asus P5B Deluxe/WIFI-AP. Is it just the WIFI feature? Thanks!

Whats the difference between the Asus P5B Deluxe and the Asus P5B Deluxe/WIFI-AP. Is it just the WIFI feature? Thanks!

I believe that is only major difference. Both boards have the 8 phase voltage regulator, a good thing. The P5B does not have this feature. Check the ASUS website under products.

Sunburn

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
Let's be very careful with these names. The vanilla P5B has problems the P5B Deluxe does not have, including overclockability. As I understand the debate, the community considers either the P5W or the P5B Deluxe to be the best C2D overclocker. This is in stark contrast to the regular ol' P5B, which is not recommended for overclocking at all!

But yeah, the big difference between the Wifi version and standard Deluxe is they want to charge you $40 for an onboard Wifi connection, when you can pick up a USB Wifi dongle or internal Wifi card for less than $20. Thumbsdown, says I.

chantmak

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Good! Thanks for clearing that up you guys. I was regreting about going with the none WiFi board, but now I feel better. Thanks again!

rdbruce

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
Sunburn said:
Let's be very careful with these names. The vanilla P5B has problems the P5B Deluxe does not have, including overclockability. As I understand the debate, the community considers either the P5W or the P5B Deluxe to be the best C2D overclocker. This is in stark contrast to the regular ol' P5B, which is not recommended for overclocking at all!quote]

What about the P5B-E? Isn't it more like the Deluxe?