Sign in with
Your question

7900GTO 3DMark6 scores

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 3, 2006 10:07:21 PM

Hi everyone,!As promised here are my 3DMark6 scores for my 7900GTOs.They just arrived today.I really do not know that much about overclocking vidio cards. I used Power Strip to overclock them just for these tests.Frist let me tell you that they are worth every penny,! For a card thats going for under $250 they are truly amazing. I had them running smooth with a coreclock way over a Superclocked GTX.
Here's the scores. Both cards in SLI
1st run at 650x1320 - 8836 [stock speeds]
2nd run at 700x 1400 - 8967
3rd run at 750x1450 - 9120
4th run at 750x1500 did not run stable.I shut down and returned to stock speed.These test were done without AA or AF.Someone that knows what their doing could get these to run at 800x1500 or more.
For people that always wanted a GTX but couldn't afford one should buy 2 of these. They are simply amazing,fast,and very high overclocking ablities. The graphics are fantastic,and my temps after 4hrs of running tests have not gone over 38c. I truly belive that in 2 weeks when I have my FX60 and one more gig of ram that my scores will be in the high 10000
These tests were done with a X2 4800 OCed to 2.6 and 2 gigs of corsair XMS CL2 platnum. The choice is yours.

Doctor_Death

More about : 7900gto 3dmark6 scores

a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2006 10:48:41 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone,!As promised here are my 3DMark6 scores for my 7900GTOs.They just arrived today.I really do not know that much about overclocking vidio cards. I used Power Strip to overclock them just for these tests.Frist let me tell you that they are worth every penny,! For a card thats going for under $250 they are truly amazing. I had them running smooth with a coreclock way over a Superclocked GTX.
Here's the scores. Both cards in SLI
1st run at 650x1320 - 8836 [stock speeds]
2nd run at 700x 1400 - 8967
3rd run at 750x1450 - 9120
4th run at 750x1500 did not run stable.I shut down and returned to stock speed.These test were done without AA or AF.Someone that knows what their doing could get these to run at 800x1500 or more.
For people that always wanted a GTX but couldn't afford one should buy 2 of these. They are simply amazing,fast,and very high overclocking ablities. The graphics are fantastic,and my temps after 4hrs of running tests have not gone over 38c. I truly belive that in 2 weeks when I have my FX60 and one more gig of ram that my scores will be in the high 10000
These tests were done with a X2 4800 OCed to 2.6 and 2 gigs of corsair XMS CL2 platnum. The choice is yours.

Doctor_Death

I've got mine (single) running at 675x1600, I scored 5642. I'm running at the above settings perfectly happily, I would suggest you try 1600 for the memory and be more gentle overclocking the core.

The hype behind GTO is that the memory is the same as GTX and therefore should be able to hit 800 (1600 effective) and the core is the same and the highest GTX core I've seen for sale (after a quick check) is 675.

I think that the keep to OC is little steps, 650-700 doesn't count as little...
October 4, 2006 6:20:36 AM

I owned two 7900GTXs before i went to Quad SLI. The highest core clock on the superclocked GTX is 690. I had the GTOs to 750.and like i mentioned I only overclocked it to see what it could do. The only real diff besides the memory clock is openGL. The GTXs come with 2.0 the GTOs come with 1.5. / I did google openGL and there are downloads for it.weather it will work on these cards is another thing altogether.I have to research it a little more. I had an extra CPU [FX57] hanging around,so I decided to build another rig.I love my Quad system,the graphics on high resolution are truly unbelivable. You see things in games that you never noticed before. Plus the games I play that work with my PhysX card make the viewing fantastic.In Ghost Recon Isee things that were never viewable before. My only bitch is that the 7950GX2s in Quad SLI are not as fast as my GTXs. In 3DMark6 I scored 11208 with two GTXs with my Quad 9201.
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2006 6:49:57 AM

Quote:
I owned two 7900GTXs before i went to Quad SLI. The highest core clock on the superclocked GTX is 690. I had the GTOs to 750.and like i mentioned I only overclocked it to see what it could do. The only real diff besides the memory clock is openGL. The GTXs come with 2.0 the GTOs come with 1.5. / I did google openGL and there are downloads for it.weather it will work on these cards is another thing altogether.I have to research it a little more. I had an extra CPU [FX57] hanging around,so I decided to build another rig.I love my Quad system,the graphics on high resolution are truly unbelivable. You see things in games that you never noticed before. Plus the games I play that work with my PhysX card make the viewing fantastic.In Ghost Recon Isee things that were never viewable before. My only bitch is that the 7950GX2s in Quad SLI are not as fast as my GTXs. In 3DMark6 I scored 11208 with two GTXs with my Quad 9201.

I think my point was more that you'd ramped up the clock and left the memory rather slow, you should have been able to get more out of the memory, i'm surprised that you didn't push memory high and then ramp core till it stopped.

Nice scores though.
!