[SOLVED] 2 Boot Drives, both using Boot Camp, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjack6

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
2011 27" Imac

I have only the apple HDD in there and am running Snow Leopard and Server 2008r2 on Boot Camp.
I need an SSD.
The Imac has another unused SATA port for easy SSD installation.
Can I use it as a boot drive?
I know I can not just install windows on the mac MB but can I install OSX with my install DVD then set up Boot Camp, then in the end, select HDD or SSD as boot drive as needed?
I realize what that is. 4 OS's across 2 drives but I need just a small SSD to do some things I hadn't planned on doing when I bought this computer.

Someone help me out regarding the possibility?
I (not an expert) don't see why it wouldn't work, unless you just can't boot from the other port for some reason.

NO REPLIES ABOUT WHY I NEED AN SSD! I JUST NEED ONE! Vertex Plus r2. 50 Bucks. Easy.

Solution
You can boot a Mac off any drive, internal or external. I've not tried it with Boot Camp as I've better things to do than run Windows on a Mac (PCs are much better for that, and they are really cheap nowadays), but I can't see why it would be a problem.
You can boot a Mac off any drive, internal or external. I've not tried it with Boot Camp as I've better things to do than run Windows on a Mac (PCs are much better for that, and they are really cheap nowadays), but I can't see why it would be a problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.