NFSU2 Crash To Desktop?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

I'm starting to get random crashes to the desktop while racing online in
Need For Speed Underground 2. No error message on my screen but in my
Windows XP event viewer it says this when it happens:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details"

Any ideas or fix for this? I just opened my PC case and blew out any dust
from fans, etc. in case it is an overheating issue, but this doesn't happen
in any other game (UT2004 for example) so I'm wondering if it is just NFSU2
related because I've only seen it happen while racing online on the track
called "Outer Ring" so far.

- Steve

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

I get random crashes to desktop or reboots with NFSU2,
pretty sure it's just the game itself.