Onboard SIS-630 grahic card and Windows XP

Can anybody play need for speed underground with a notebook and Windows XP?
The notebook has an onboard SIS-630 grahic card and 32mb ram. On my notebook
the game don't not start and don't give any a message.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about onboard grahic card windows
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:51:32 +0100, "Paul Jawlinski" <PaulJawlinski@yahoo.de>
    wrote:

    >Can anybody play need for speed underground with a notebook and Windows XP?
    >The notebook has an onboard SIS-630 grahic card and 32mb ram. On my notebook
    >the game don't not start and don't give any a message.
    >
    >Thanks

    From the box:

    Video card with 32MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required:

    ATI Radeon 7500 or greater
    NVidia GForce 2 or greater

    Enjoy,

    Tim Wisner

    www.wisner.us
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Paul Jawlinski" <PaulJawlinski@yahoo.de> wrote in message
    > Can anybody play need for speed underground with a notebook and Windows
    > XP?
    > The notebook has an onboard SIS-630 grahic card and 32mb ram. On my
    > notebook
    > the game don't not start and don't give any a message.

    Even if it would run, I think a SiS630 would be seriously underpowered for
    this game.

    --
    Unforgiven
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > Can anybody play need for speed underground with a notebook and
    Windows XP?
    > The notebook has an onboard SIS-630 grahic card and 32mb ram. On my
    notebook
    > the game don't not start and don't give any a message.

    If I read that correctly, the answer is "not even close". Sounds like
    you
    got 32 megs of RAM for the entire system. This game needs 32 megs of
    RAM JUST ON THE VIDEO CARD!

    --KC
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Kasey Chang (remove EATSPAM to reply)" <kschang77@eatspamhotmail.com> wrote
    in message news:OcYBd.5611$5R.2036@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

    > "Paul Jawlinski" <PaulJawlinski@yahoo.de> wrote in message
    >> Can anybody play need for speed underground with a notebook and
    > Windows XP?
    >> The notebook has an onboard SIS-630 grahic card and 32mb ram. On my
    > notebook
    >> the game don't not start and don't give any a message.
    >
    > If I read that correctly, the answer is "not even close". Sounds like
    > you
    > got 32 megs of RAM for the entire system. This game needs 32 megs of
    > RAM JUST ON THE VIDEO CARD!

    I doubt it. Windows XP doesn't run on 32MB of RAM. Also, the SiS630 uses
    shared video memory; it has no memory of its own.

    --
    Unforgiven
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    With the settings: "directDraw, directD deaktivate" in hardware-acceleration
    "german windows: Anzeige, Einstellungen, Erweitert, Problembehandlung,
    Hardwarebeschleunigung ) I start the play and can even drive a car, but the
    screen is not good and small grafics are not displayed. The driver
    630_209_winxp.zip from sis are installed.

Sis Notebooks Games Windows XP Video Games