Looking for a graphic program like the one used by NANSNA ..

I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very much to
fix.
Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.

Thanks

HeHeHeHeHe ...

NANSNA ... what's that?

HeHeHeHeHe ...

"TooMuch" <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org> wrote in message

> I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
> much to fix.
> Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
>
> Thanks

Photoshop. Large learning curve.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/main.html

Photoshop is probably the Best professional Photo editing software
available.

Photoshop Elements is a home version of the professional version, It is not
the same as the Pro version, but is simpler to use. The learning curve is
not as big.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/main.html

Find the product that is right for you.
http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfs/di_comp_chart.pdf

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Try picisa. It's free http://www.picasa.com/

The best program is probably Adobe Photoshop, but it requires some effort to
use, since most things are not automatic.

"TooMuch" <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org> wrote in message

> I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
> much to fix.
> Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
>
> Thanks

It's called: PhotoShop. ~ $699 U.S.

--
DaveW

"TooMuch" <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org> wrote in message

> I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
> much to fix.
> Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
>
> Thanks

Everyone seems to recomend Photoshop.
I don't think so.
Yes it is very, very good, but the ones that NASA and Law enforecement uses
is more than likely proprietary, especially the ones you see on Alias and
the likes of them.
Yours,
Tom
"TooMuch" <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org> wrote in message

> I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
> much to fix.
> Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
>
> Thanks

SHMIDY

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2004

http://www.truview.com/

PhotoFlair® is a revolutionary new digital image or photo enhancement
software. PhotoFlair® features NASA's and TruView Imaging Co.'s patented
Retinex image enhancement algorithm. Retinex automatic image enhancement is
particularly good at correcting underexposed dark areas of an image without
affecting correctly exposed areas. It also restores rich colors in an image

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:13:02 -0500, TooMuch <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org>
wrote:

>I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
>much to fix.
>Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
>
>Thanks

Actually, those photo enhancing tools you see on Alias or CSI are
complete fiction.
They only wish they could do that.....

"JimL" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:13:02 -0500, TooMuch <TooMuch@pain.clinic.org>
> wrote:
>

> >I have some films and slides that are very bad that I would like very
> >much to fix.
> >Looking for the name of a program or a plug-in to do it.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> Actually, those photo enhancing tools you see on Alias or CSI are
> complete fiction.
> They only wish they could do that.....

Amen.

Learn about getting the most from your scanner. (It makes a big difference
how you scan the film).
http://www.scantips.com/

Editing tool:
Photoshop CS, about $600 with a very big learning curve and all of the tools
to do just about anything to a photo.

Even create new images. http://www.bertmonroy.com/

Some tutorial sites.
http://www.mccannas.com/pshop/menu.htm
http://www.adobeevangelists.com/
http://www.adobe.com/products/tips/photoshop.html

Photoshop Elements 2 or 3 has most of the tools for fixing a lot of problems
with badly stored slides and negatives. Elements 2.0 is often bundled with
scanners.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com