Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Google Patents Autonomous Vehicle UI

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
January 15, 2013 2:45:34 PM

Google Patents Autonomous Vehicle UI because of being worried that APPLE would. LOL
Score
January 15, 2013 2:53:48 PM

downhill911Google Patents Autonomous Vehicle UI because of being worried that APPLE would. LOL

Apple would what? They can't even make maps right.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 15, 2013 3:41:30 PM

downhill911Google Patents Autonomous Vehicle UI because of being worried that APPLE would. LOL

Because they actually made a autonomous vehicle. It's not only an idea they patented, but the actual product. That's how patents should be granted to begin with.
Score
January 15, 2013 5:11:34 PM

Its crazy what I am going to see in my lifetime, can't wait :) 
Score
January 15, 2013 5:20:20 PM

Coooooooool
Score
January 15, 2013 5:44:07 PM

I hope these are defensive rather than offensive patents, but even a company that currently has a "don't be evil" motto can change at the drop of the hat. You know, founder dies in a plane accident, investors take over and decide to milk the IP for all its worth.
Score
January 15, 2013 5:59:42 PM

sounds about right, in fl we can have self driving cars legally ... still haven't seen any dealerships sellign them though, i hope they make a prius with the option i would be a customer for sure
Score
January 15, 2013 6:14:42 PM

iHaters 2 Cents...lol. I like what Google is doing with auto industry. This is a huge investment in the future and Google may be a major player in automated cars (Smart Cars).
Score
Anonymous
January 15, 2013 8:40:30 PM

I wouldn't trust a self driving car until there is a good 10 year track record fo less accidents then manual.

I wouldn't trust a self driving car in the presence of manual drivers it he biggest problem. Trying to predict unpredictable humans around you.

Assuming a self driving only area, sensors imbeded into the roads, speed signs, street signs etc. Then i would be happily try it out. I wouldnt trust freeway driving until it was proven safe tho.
Score
January 15, 2013 11:14:33 PM

This certainly isn't good news for taxi drivers, formula one racers, and FedEx.
Score
January 15, 2013 11:17:03 PM

This patent is for the UI, which is the User Interface. NOT the technology of the self driving car. As the article points out, it just looks like a normal UI with an extra status bar. Hardly worthy of a patent and clearly based on designs already in the public domain, including my car.
Score
January 16, 2013 2:28:53 AM

those disembodied arms would really make me 2nd guess my purchase of such a vehicle...
Score
January 16, 2013 5:37:14 AM

sliemApple would what? They can't even make maps right.

Me thinks if Apple made autonomous vehicles with Apple maps, a lot of people would die. Their autonomous vehicles would fall off a cliff. What a cleaver way to heard the Apple sheep!
Score
!