Any News On the ATI RD600 chipset mobos?

ShEpRON

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hey guys, anyone have more detail on the RD600 motherboards? like there are hundreds of threads around all talking about the Nvidia 590 boards, and how ooo and aaahhh it will be. but what of the ATI boards... any news on when they will be released? (RD600) any more info on them? I wanna see all those ATI fanboys come ALIVE. i was an Nvidia fanboy all my life, and now.. i think its about which company can meet my needs.. and that looks to be Intel EX6800 and ATI!!! (at the moment)

Thanks guys, and gals.

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
I thought the 600 will be the last ATI chipset for Intel? If so, I would think a lot of people would be questioning future support for this chipset. Basically it looks like a dead end.

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
I thought the 600 will be the last ATI chipset for Intel? If so, I would think a lot of people would be questioning future support for this chipset. Basically it looks like a dead end.

Thing is what a way to go... The spec if this chipset is easily the best ever Intel CPU chipset ever...

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
For AM2 there are two of them on newegg. An ECS and a MSI i think. Theres an ASUS around too but I would expect the DFI one for an overclockable board.