Program Quit Working, Help Please.

I have a program that I have used for years to design furnature, etc.
called Drawing Board LT. I used it a recently as last week, today when
I tried to use it I got the fillowing error message.

16 bit windows subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I have tried to reinstall the application and get the same error
message. I have also tried to restore my system to about a week ago
with no change in the message.

Does anyone have an idea as to what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks, Bilbo
1 answer Last reply
More about program quit working please

    Hi Bilbo,

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    This should help resolve this common problem. Basically, you will have to
    expand new copies of command.com, autoexec.nt, and config.nt to the system32
    folder from the WinXP CD or I386 folder on your hard drive. Sometimes, you
    need to create new ones and overwrite the existing ones - the method is
    described in the article.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Bilbo Baggins" <Bilbo@the-shire.com> wrote in message
    >I have a program that I have used for years to design furnature, etc.
    > called Drawing Board LT. I used it a recently as last week, today when
    > I tried to use it I got the fillowing error message.
    >
    > 16 bit windows subsystem
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
    >
    > I have tried to reinstall the application and get the same error
    > message. I have also tried to restore my system to about a week ago
    > with no change in the message.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea as to what happened and how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks, Bilbo

Microsoft Windows XP