POP3 problems with new Ipaq

January 27, 2005 10:21:57 PM

Hi,

Just got a hx2110 today...creating a pairing with my Bluetooth enabled Nokia
6230 (albeit using the 6600 profile).

Been able to connect via Pocket Internet Explorer to my Hotmail account, but
99 times out of 100 when trying to download from my POP3 accounts, the thing
just displays 'Connecting....' for ever without actually doing anything.

Then, if I choose to Disconnect, it takes forever to disconnect, despite the
fact that it hasn't connected.

Help!

Si.

More about : pop3 problems ipaq

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:21:58 PM

This may help you out. It came from a post several months back speeds the
checking of messages up to a matter of seconds:

There is a problem with sending email from PocketPCs with the PocketPC
2003 operating system. The problem has to do with how the ISP is set up. The
PPC has a problem with certain mail servers. Some servers are configured in
a way that it does
not have SSL enabled, but the operating system thinks it does have it
enabled. So you need to do a registry tweak that forces the registry to tell
the operating system not to use SSL.

Follow these steps using any registry editor software for Pocket PC:

Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox
Create a new DWORD value ForceOffSSL and give it a value of 1,
Base=Decimal (tap Edit, and New DWORD Value).
Soft-reset device.

Hope this helps.

Craig Enders

"Si" <si@dontbotherspamming.thisaddress> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just got a hx2110 today...creating a pairing with my Bluetooth enabled
Nokia
> 6230 (albeit using the 6600 profile).
>
> Been able to connect via Pocket Internet Explorer to my Hotmail account,
but
> 99 times out of 100 when trying to download from my POP3 accounts, the
thing
> just displays 'Connecting....' for ever without actually doing anything.
>
> Then, if I choose to Disconnect, it takes forever to disconnect, despite
the
> fact that it hasn't connected.
>
> Help!
>
> Si.