Folder file Statistics

I have what seems to me to be a very simple question, but I have not been
able to find an answer.

I want to determine the total file size for all files, including those in
subfolders. I can easily select all the files in a folder and see the
statistic's, but the subfolders don't register. I am trying to find the
total file size by selecting the main folder, but I want all the files in
the subfolders included.

What I'm trying to do is determine the total size of the files I have loaded
on my web site. I'm limited by my ISP at 10MB. I ftp the files from my
computer to the site so I want to use the computers file stats to tell me
where I stand on remaining size.

Thanks for your help.
-----
Darrell
dbdors@covad.net
2 answers Last reply
More about folder file statistics

    I can open Windows Explorer and right click on any folder and choose
    Properties to see the size of the folder and the number of files and
    subfolders in it. You should be able to do the same.

    "Darrell Dorsey" <dbdors@mapsoncovad.net> wrote in message
    > I have what seems to me to be a very simple question, but I have not been
    > able to find an answer.
    >
    > I want to determine the total file size for all files, including those in
    > subfolders. I can easily select all the files in a folder and see the
    > statistic's, but the subfolders don't register. I am trying to find the
    > total file size by selecting the main folder, but I want all the files in
    > the subfolders included.
    >
    > What I'm trying to do is determine the total size of the files I have
    loaded
    > on my web site. I'm limited by my ISP at 10MB. I ftp the files from my
    > computer to the site so I want to use the computers file stats to tell me
    > where I stand on remaining size.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > -----
    > Darrell
    > dbdors@covad.net

    Kevin,
    Thanks that's what I needed. I knew there was a simple answer. In all my
    years of windows use, I never knew that.

    Darrell

    "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I can open Windows Explorer and right click on any folder and choose
    > Properties to see the size of the folder and the number of files and
    > subfolders in it. You should be able to do the same.
    >
    > "Darrell Dorsey" <dbdors@mapsoncovad.net> wrote in message
    >> I have what seems to me to be a very simple question, but I have not been
    >> able to find an answer.
    >>
    >> I want to determine the total file size for all files, including those in
    >> subfolders. I can easily select all the files in a folder and see the
    >> statistic's, but the subfolders don't register. I am trying to find the
    >> total file size by selecting the main folder, but I want all the files in
    >> the subfolders included.
    >>
    >> What I'm trying to do is determine the total size of the files I have
    > loaded
    >> on my web site. I'm limited by my ISP at 10MB. I ftp the files from my
    >> computer to the site so I want to use the computers file stats to tell me
    >> where I stand on remaining size.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >> -----
    >> Darrell
    >> dbdors@covad.net

File Size Internet Service Providers Windows XP