Daniel09

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Hai i have a problem with my internet i cant figure it out. It is working fine. But when i am playing a game then there go like 15 min - 30 min then i loose connection and when i restart its working fine again . BTW i am using NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
After the connection drops in the game, but before you reboot, can you connect to the Internet such as surfing to amazon.com?

Do you have an old nForce mobo? Check on nvidia's website for new bios update for your version of nForce.

Also, does this happen in every online game, or just some? For instance, Battlefield 2 released a patch that really increased server crashes and had some other netcode problems. Try to get the current patches for every game that has this problem.

Is it always around the same time that you lose connection? And are you really losing your connection or does the system hang? My point is that maybe after some intense gaming you are just overheating your graphics card and/or the system.

Daniel09

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
No i cant ... i have tryed to download from nvidia homepage but it wont work still the same ... i have also tryed to remove and reinstall my network drivers and reinstall windows xp :S and it is not just in online games also normal games ..

Daniel09

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I have never hat this problem before and my cpu should could handel it

AMD 64 -bit 2,41 Ghz 1,00 GB ram
A8N- sli Premium
Aeolus 7800 GTX

ANd it is funny if i restart my computer my int work again and if i am serfing then it is fine but as soon as i go into a game and play it will like 15 min - 30 min then my int is gone:S

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Just to clarify, after you lose connection your PC is not hung, and you can still open a Word docment and type or run other app's okay for several hours? And then the Internet only works again after a reboot?

That's pretty odd. Did this just start recently? Did you change something recently (hardware or software) ? If it was recent, can you so a system restore to an earlier checkpoint and see if the problem goes away?

You could also try resetting our router to factory defaults and setting it up again. And making sure it has a current firmware version. Are you on a ISP plan that in any way limits how much you can download?

Forbin

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
could it be some form of wierd sleep mode? (had this problem at one point)

At one time, the nvidia card I was using had an issue with some windows dll that was related to directx(cannot remember its name). on occassion got a blue screen. What basically happened is it sort of resulted that, when in full screen on some games (like ragnarok), windows didn't recognize that I was still using the computer and decided to go into 'hibernation', and the graphics card/driver incompatability created the directx problem. I believe I got a new driver for the video card or I rolled back the driver and replaced the .dll from one of the dll sites, solve the problem.

ps.. also didn't play ragnarok in full screen mode for a couple weeks.

Call your internet supplier. If you have an offball suplier, some of them "sleep" your connection like they did on dialup, to provide bandwith to other people, and prevent people from using it up with P2P programs. This isnt too likly though.

I would call your ISP and have them check your modem. If you have an old nic (or buy one for 10$) you can test to see if its you or your ISP.

Yes, I am thinking his system may be locking up if something on his mobo is getting too toasty. I don't think NICs are designed to dissipate a lot of heat, as I don't recall ever seeing dedicated fans and big heatsinks on them.

Rammgod

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Hai i have a problem with my internet i cant figure it out. It is working fine. But when i am playing a game then there go like 15 min - 30 min then i loose connection and when i restart its working fine again . BTW i am using NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

<helplinetech> I think you need to reconnect your kinnibler rod to your muffler bearing

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

IF your going to joke do it with intelligence please.

When you reconnect a kinnibler rod, you must first disconnect the 3rd and 5th red wires to prevent the rod from activating as you reconnect it. If not done so, you could easily lose a finger. As for the muffler bearing..... Do you have any clue how hard it is to fit those back on? Without the right training and tools, it may be impossible. So don’t suggest someone with limited knowledge to start these projects. They are dangerous, and very difficult.

-K Thanks.

Rammgod

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
IF your going to joke do it with intelligence please.

When you reconnect a kinnibler rod, you must first disconnect the 3rd and 5th red wires to prevent the rod from activating as you reconnect it. If not done so, you could easily lose a finger. As for the muffler bearing..... Do you have any clue how hard it is to fit those back on? Without the right training and tools, it may be impossible. So don’t suggest someone with limited knowledge to start these projects. They are dangerous, and very difficult.

-K Thanks.

<helplinetech> I thought all techs had only 3 fingers !! But as you illuminate,

DONT TRY THIS WITHOUT A CERTIFIED ROD TECH!

And if you happen to forget the hidden gray analcat5 wire, you will surely lose more than just your 'hands'.. 8O

I side with 'Rep' here...this is a VERY dangerous prospect with out the proper ELECTRONICS and PRESSURE Gauges!!!

8)-~

ceadmin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
For the NIC problem:

Several easy steps to check:

1) Disable ALL power saving features in the BIOS and in Windows OS.
Check if you have the problem after.

2) Check/Monitor Temps inside case and make sure they are okay.

3) Replace the NIC. If internal, disable it and add an external. They are only like $6-10. Check the problem again.

That's my pennies worth.

GavinLeigh

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
The only thing you can spend 2 cents on these days is a... is a... crap you are right there isn't anything you can buy for that.

Okay my bucks worth is saying that this guy has an issue with a lack of lubrication on his kinnibler rod, I think you guys should have mentioned that a liberal application of elbow grease to the connection was important for a reliable repair.

As for the network card issue... well I agree that popping in a different card is a good idea. Although I would check for connection issues by running the ipconfig /all command from a command line prompt before and after the issue arises. It might be a router of modem issue.

Absolutly. It very well could be a router issue.

To find out try this... (oh mr original poster dont abandon us now):

When you lose connection go to start->run: type CMD.
Then type "ipconfig /release" w/o the quotes. Then type "ipconfig /renew" again without the quotes.

If your back up and running you most likly have a router issue. Update the firmware (read manual) then if that doesnt work... buy a new one.

---BTW, I say router, but this could be anything that gives you an IP address VIA DHCP, such as a router, cable modem, cable router modem....

GavinLeigh

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Ahhh we probably lost the poor guy. Between his and our bad English, his bad connection and the rod issue.... he probably went to Anandtech.

Ohhh well.

Dun, Dun, Dun.... Another one bites the dust :p

Ooh yeah, should have asked. Do you have a Belkin router? Then there's your problem. I've never known one to last more than a few weeks before dropping its connections.

If you need to replace your router, a lot of people swear by LinkSys; for myself I've got a D-Link (614+ maybe?) that's worked perfectly for years now. I finally bought a LinkSys myself to go up to "G" speeds, but haven't set it up yet.

Rammgod

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
LOL infinite solutions - finite abilities: 8) -~

btw...belkin is ok....for a home router

damn you all...your gonna get a nasa binary bitch to come outta retirement!

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

TRENDING THREADS