Is RaidMax (the company) gone? Or is it still in business?

zjohnr

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Visited the www.raidmax.com website yesterday to look for info about their RX-630 "Volcano" PSU. The website seems to mostly work, but I noticed that none of the links in the "Downloads" section on the specs page for the RX-630 worked. I got a "404 Not Found" error from all of them.

This surprised me a tiny bit, but I figured stuff does happen. I decided to drop a quick email to the webmaster just to see if anything would come of it. Couldn't find a webmaster email, so I tried sending to both info@raidmax.com and techsupport@raidmax.com. Was really surprised when both emails were immediately bounced back to me as undeliverable.

When a company's tech support email address stops working my first thought is that probably the company ain't working either. So is it just me or has RaidMax ceased to be a going concern?

-curious john

escrotumus

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
works fine for me...maybe your machine is having net problems. their site is actually quite nice. i plan on buying their smilodon case when i upgrade so hopefully they will still be around :)

edit: nm i see what youre talking about now. probably just some inexperienced web peon working for them. their site is full of grammatical and spelling errors as well.

zjohnr

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
It's not much of a stretch for me to get my mind around how their website links would be messed up.

But the fact that the email gets bounced back to me is more troubling. That's why I posted. I'm all out of brilliant ideas for how to reach out and poke RaidMax to see if it's dead or just really messed up.

-john