IS ASUS P5B Deluxe The Superior C2D MB?

Does the 0507 BIOS release make the ASUS P5B Deluxe the superior C2D overclocker to this point?

The new 0507 BIOS for the P5B Deluxe, dated 8/10/2006, has two new and exciting features:

Provide better maximum overclocking.
Add the ability to adjust the multiplier of most Conroe CPUs even if they are not Extreme Edition.

The P5B reached about 362x10 in testing for the Conroe Buying Guide: Feeding the Monster. This provides a baseline for comparing the new BIOS to previous results.

Even more exciting is that ASUS says they have found a way to unlock up or down most Conroe chips. This will be a significant new feature that is highly desired by many Core 2 Duo buyers. It didn't take but a few minutes for us to get the new BIOS flashed and a Core 2 Duo chip mounted to check this out.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2822&p=1

For 965P class, yes.
While DS3/DS4 always lags just that little bit behind when it comes to releasing newer BIOS for breaking FSB wall to match P5B Deluxe.
The money saved on DS3/DS4 is well worth it tho if all you need is sub-450Mhz FSB for Conroe and not Allendale.

ASUS offered a new BIOS version on the website yesterday ver. 711. I just installed it. If I go to control panel>power options and set to portable/laptop my CPUZ CPU speed drops from 2.5 to 1.6 ghz at 6x multiplyer from 9x multiplyer. If I run a quick cpu benchmark I get 'memory is performing low'. I immediately set the power scheme back to 'always on' runthe same benchmark and my memory speed increases about 30% and the 'memory performing low' message dissappears. Hmmmmm. The P5B Deluxe has a overclockers BIOS and I'm going to have to do my reading up on it for sure.

If you followed the proper procedures you wouldn've that problem.
It's all there, right under your nose.

I din't see any procedures. I think there is a BIOS setting that causes the system to jump from a 6x multiplier to a 9x multiplier when needed. I get the impression control panel>power options>mobile/laptop setting does the samething. I just read my manual this aftyernoon, the BIOS. I guess I'm a slow learner sometimes. I never overclocked until I saw THG Forumz. Some things I understand perfectly, others I need a smart woman like my wife to set me straight. Good thing I have such good genes 8O

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
If you weren't so busy posting 1400 or so senseless recommendation posts and take a look around the forum, there are actually plenty of stuff which you'd noramlly have to pay to read(either directly or indirectly), but are there for free instead.

You read me right, I absolutely disrespect people who posts as much as you do and not know the potential of each parts, why they recommended or bought it themselves in the first place.

din't see any procedures. I think there is a BIOS setting that causes the system to jump from a 6x multiplier to a 9x multiplier when needed.
It can't get anymore obvious than this...

I'm sorry to burst out at you like this, but you're one of the people are my target list and I intend to use this oppourtunity to remove you from this list so you and others alike may learn how to post properly in my absence.

Wow,

I know how you feel as sometimes I get quite frustrated as well.

But I have to ask, why are you soo angry at badge?

EDIT:

OMG nevermind.. 1400 posts in a few short months? WOWZERS!!!

[code:1:4e393f7234]If you weren't so busy posting 1400 or so senseless recommendation posts and take a look around the forum, there are actually plenty of stuff which you'd noramlly have to pay to read(either directly or indirectly), but are there for free instead.[/code:1:4e393f7234]

So the people who built THG don'tt like people who frequent the website and ask and answer questions. Or the npeople of THG don't like me? Oh that's right you don't respect me. In your eyes, THG should be charging for this. Charge the disrespected of the forum. The New Zealand national anthem. I owe you? For what? Your slurs? I could ask any number of friends the same questions and get the answers. By the way...New Zealand is another country whose presence on this forum has got me. I've noticed the men wear brown trousers when the fighting starts to cover up their misgivings. Read? Senseless posts? You sound like a 5 year old. Your a snot. I read a lot. You didn't answer my question. You just finangled around and took a big dump. Snot. Who would want you on their side. If were a young person I would think you are some kind of ogre taking dumps on members of this forum. Why don't seek out a psychaitrists and get some heavier medication.

You read me right, I absolutely disrespect people who posts as much as you do and not know the potential of each parts, why they recommended or bought it themselves in the first place.

Post as much as I do? That's laughable in light of your record. Who are you to count my posts. So people are suppose to post in hope you give them the time of day? I've never seen you welcome a single person on this site. I also think you disrespect people like me you know nothing about. You disrespect everyone first and foremost. You are either glassed over, senile or you have the brain of a two-year old. Your insecurities of yourself are all over this site. NOOB. Funny boy.

It can't get anymore obvious than this...

The lead in...thoughtful of you wus.

I'm sorry to burst out at you like this

Does this mean were through?

but you're one of the people are my target list

So I'm a paper plate with a bulls-eyedrawn in the middle.

and I intend to use this oppourtunity to remove you from this list so you and others alike may learn how to post properly in my absence.

I'm confused. You just told me you didn't wuv me anymore? I'll post properly, if you'll change your pants.

I thought you still had the chance to be changed, I was wrong.

That'll be all from me.

P.S. the anwser is still right under your nose :wink:

Wusy I try and help people. And have a laugh or two. If you don't like my brand it wasn't meant to be. I'll most likely just fade away. Computers are a hobby. The forum can be a learning experience. I suppose that's why I joined up. If you have read my posts you know my family runs a private practice in CA for the past 20 years. We have helped many people achieve their life's ambitions and dreams. It's a pleasure knowing you. I'm a great lover. LOL!

By the way my beard is under my nose. OH! You mean my keyboard?

TRENDING THREADS