My computer is running with XP-pro, but crashed while installing SP2, so I
reinstall XP(with no formatting) , but I lost all my old emails. Anybody can
help me how to recover my old emails. Thks.

Hi,

Probably under a profile associated with the old installation.

OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You
Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313055

The recovery technique described in the above article should help you regain
them, unless the files were overwritten.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Toyo" <to@yo.com> wrote in message
> My computer is running with XP-pro, but crashed while installing SP2, so I
> reinstall XP(with no formatting) , but I lost all my old emails. Anybody
> can help me how to recover my old emails. Thks.

"Toyo" <to@yo.com> wrote in message
> My computer is running with XP-pro, but crashed while installing SP2,
> so I reinstall XP(with no formatting) , but I lost all my old emails.
> Anybody can help me how to recover my old emails. Thks.

In OE got to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and see where OE
is currently storing its data files.
Now, go to Start | Find (or Search) and look for *.dbx (with Win2K, WinXP
and Win2K3 you will have to set the search to include hidden files and
folders).
If they are found in a different place go back to OE and use
File | Import | Messages.
Select Outlook Express 5 (or 6, they are the same for this purpose).
Select the lower radio button to import from an Outlook Express store
directory and navigate to the location that OE is not using.

Also, see this article:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE