i700 Connector Pinouts (serial)

January 28, 2005 2:51:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

fwiw, have just updated my pocketpc serial info page with what I have
learned about the Samsung i700 connector pinouts including serial
connections.

The i700 information also includes power and audio connector
information. See;

http://bevhoward.com/serial.htm

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:16:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

Any ideas on enabling the AMPS channel on the i700?

runandgun
message news:uve401PBFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> fwiw, have just updated my pocketpc serial info page with what I have
> learned about the Samsung i700 connector pinouts including serial
> connections.
>
> The i700 information also includes power and audio connector information.
> See;
>
> http://bevhoward.com/serial.htm

February 10, 2005 2:53:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

>> AMPS channel <<

Since I have no idea what an "AMPS Channel" is, no ;-)

However, any elucidation on the subject would be appreciated.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
February 15, 2005 12:08:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

The specifications for the i700 show an AMPS (Analog) mode. But this is
disabled when the phone ships from Verizon. I would suppose due to battery
life. I believe that somehow this mode could be enabled and likely have
better reception in poor signal areas.

runandgun
message news:o j6wjl5DFHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> AMPS channel <<
>
> Since I have no idea what an "AMPS Channel" is, no ;-)
>
> However, any elucidation on the subject would be appreciated.

February 15, 2005 1:00:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

>> Analogue <<

don't have a clue, but can offer the information that attempts to get
any tech info from Samsung on details such as this have yielded zero
results over the past two years.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!