Windows 7 Not recognizing graphics card

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Okay so I just install windows 7 32bit(clean install, not upgrade) and it's not recognizing my graphics card. All it says is "Standard VGA adapter".

I've tried installing drivers but it never works and I also tried uninstalling the standard vga adapter via device manager too but it reinstalled itself.

Any solutions? :??: Btw my graphics card is a ATI Radeon xpress 200.

Way back when windows 7 was in beta and i was a beta tester everything worked fine.

Solution
Ati radeon express 200 is an old onboard chip. There are no Win 7 drivers listed under 'embedded' on the ATI driver site for the ATI Radeon Express 200. That onboard chip is not compatible with Windows 7. If your MB has a PCIE slot, perhaps install a suitable graphics vard in the slot.

The Radeon express 200 driver is listed here under 'embedded'. XP driver only.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

EDIT: I noticed there are Vista drivers for the RE 200 integrated chipset. Try those. Vista>Integrated>radeon Express 200.

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

I tried both and they both failed. :[ :(

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

But it was working fine when I was using windows xp.... :[

And no I don't have another system to test with.

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

So should I reinstall win7 again?

Ati radeon express 200 is an old onboard chip. There are no Win 7 drivers listed under 'embedded' on the ATI driver site for the ATI Radeon Express 200. That onboard chip is not compatible with Windows 7. If your MB has a PCIE slot, perhaps install a suitable graphics vard in the slot.

The Radeon express 200 driver is listed here under 'embedded'. XP driver only.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

EDIT: I noticed there are Vista drivers for the RE 200 integrated chipset. Try those. Vista>Integrated>radeon Express 200.

Solution

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

So how should I install it? Just clicking on the setup?

OP does not have graphics card. The MB has an onboard integrated radeon Express 200 chipset.

Edit Also, the chipset is old enough to not have had a driver update for years. See legacy support.

danofer

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

THANKS ALOT!!!! :DDDDDD It worked.
Selecting you as best answer.
Thanks again! :)

slystr69

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
thats all fine and dandy untill you try to clone monitor and tv. Mine wont allow me to use 2 displays at the same time wheather it be clone or extend whenever i try to apply clone it tells me display setting could not be saved

gatekeeper19

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I can't find the driver for ATI Radeon Xpress 200 in the link that you've provided. Is it possible that it's been removed? I'm experiencing the same problem with my ATI Radeon Xpress 200 display adapter. Windows 7 Professional SP1 doesn't recognize it, so I'm stuck with a very low resolution.

I've tried several drivers from AMD website, XP and Vista, neither of them helped.