Outlook E. wants username &

Starting last week, Outlook Express asks for password &
username. When I re-enter them, same window pops up.
Contacted my ISP & they tried everything they could,
including changing both the password & username, to no
avail - said it had to be a problem with my O.E. program.
I tried re-installing O.E via Add/Remove Programs & it
said it was successfully installed. I am running version
6.0 via XP Home on an HP ZT1000 laptop. I have no problem
connecting to the internet & running Internet Explorer.
HALP!!
5 answers Last reply
More about outlook username

    Hi

    See if the following article helps:

    "Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "HandyAndy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Starting last week, Outlook Express asks for password &
    > username. When I re-enter them, same window pops up.
    > Contacted my ISP & they tried everything they could,
    > including changing both the password & username, to no
    > avail - said it had to be a problem with my O.E. program.
    > I tried re-installing O.E via Add/Remove Programs & it
    > said it was successfully installed. I am running version
    > 6.0 via XP Home on an HP ZT1000 laptop. I have no problem
    > connecting to the internet & running Internet Explorer.
    > HALP!!

    The problem is not in retaining my password but rather
    recognition. whin I cancel the box, the following message
    appears in the Outlook Express connection box:

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
    User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop3.netins.net',
    Server: 'pop3.netins.net', Protocol: POP3, Server
    Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to the host', Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    0x800CCC91

    us;264672

    >--
    >
    >Will Denny
    >MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    >"HandyAndy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    >> Starting last week, Outlook Express asks for password &
    >> username. When I re-enter them, same window pops up.
    >> Contacted my ISP & they tried everything they could,
    >> including changing both the password & username, to no
    >> avail - said it had to be a problem with my O.E.
    program.
    >> I tried re-installing O.E via Add/Remove Programs & it
    >> said it was successfully installed. I am running
    version
    >> 6.0 via XP Home on an HP ZT1000 laptop. I have no
    problem
    >> connecting to the internet & running Internet Explorer.
    >> HALP!!
    >

    >.

    Hi

    Have you tried the Outlook Express News Group:

    or
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --

    > The problem is not in retaining my password but rather
    > recognition. whin I cancel the box, the following message
    > appears in the Outlook Express connection box:
    >
    > There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
    > User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop3.netins.net',
    > Server: 'pop3.netins.net', Protocol: POP3, Server
    > Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to the host', Port: 110,
    > Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
    > 0x800CCC91

    Thank You, Will
    by going to the first address you suggested,
    (news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inet
    explorer.ie6_outlookexpress) I found a suggestion of a
    problem between Griesoft's free AVG anti-virus program
    Which I just installed last week) & ZoneAlarm firewall.
    by doing a little tweaking between the two, I now have a
    fully functional Outlook Express. Again, THANKS!

    You're welcome - glad your problem is solved.

    --

    > Thank You, Will
    > by going to the first address you suggested,
    > (news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inet
    > explorer.ie6_outlookexpress) I found a suggestion of a
    > problem between Griesoft's free AVG anti-virus program
    > Which I just installed last week) & ZoneAlarm firewall.
    > by doing a little tweaking between the two, I now have a
    > fully functional Outlook Express. Again, THANKS!

Internet Service Providers Windows XP