inteloutside

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
ok so here goes, i just recently bought a PALIT (i live in asia so palit is the one i bought) Nvidia 6800 GS Super, my pc's power supply is 450 watts (which i just recently bought for my new vid crd). so normal procedures, remove old vid crd and in goes the 6800 gs super. i booted the pc, installed the drivers. but while i was installing, a window appeared saying that the vid crd is not recieving enough power, continous operation may damage hardware or something lke that. i ignored it. the setup told m 2 restart so i restart. i booted up my pc but it turns off again. so i plced back d old one again and it booted up fine. PLAN A, should i replace my 450 watt power supply??? and get a 500 watt or higher?? PLAN B, should there be a cable from the vid crd that is directly connected 2 d power supply??? ( there is no such cable included in the kit, oly tv-out and a couple of drivers)

forgiv me if my post is too long :D hehe

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
There is a six-pin power connector that goes from your power supply to your video card; the female plug is on the inside short edge of the card. It should be attached to your power supply, rather than come with the new card. If your power supply doesn't have such a cable, you can buy a dual molex to 6-pin adapter from your local computer store.
demosx0.jpg