NFSU2 -- Buggy, help sought

I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I went
to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?

tvp
4 answers Last reply
More about nfsu2 buggy sought
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    >I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
    > upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I went
    > to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
    > locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
    > they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?

    Megalow parts doesn't have any level 3 parts. The other performance
    shops (like the one near the coal harbor road) should.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
    > > upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I
    went
    > > to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
    > > locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
    > > they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?
    >
    > Megalow parts doesn't have any level 3 parts. The other performance
    > shops (like the one near the coal harbor road) should.

    I realize that. I went to all shops. They were locked.

    I *do* know what might have caused this. After finishing, but before going
    into a shop, I switched cars.
    It's the only thing I can think of. Switching back to my original car did no
    good.

    BTW, Jeff, you're an expert on this game. Since I may need to repeat the
    entire game, what's the best known car?
    I know this involves many factors, but in your opinion, what would be best
    for online sprints and circuits? I've read some tuning tips but if you have
    any that would also be welcome information.

    tvp
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > BTW, Jeff, you're an expert on this game. Since I may need to repeat the
    > entire game, what's the best known car?

    The Corolla is the fastest car for circuit, sprint, streetx and url, with
    a fairly big advantage over any other car in NFSU2. Generally 2 to 3 seconds
    per lap on any of the circuit course.

    The 240sx is the fastest for drag racing, but for career mode, I just used
    the Corolla, so I only had to spend money on one car.

    The Navigator is the fastest SUV.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    They are unlocked but only for the MY CARS section for customizing on X-Box
    Live.

    "Tad Perry" <tadperry@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
    > > > upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e.
    > went
    > > > to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were
    still
    > > > locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts
    like
    > > > they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?
    > >
    > > Megalow parts doesn't have any level 3 parts. The other performance
    > > shops (like the one near the coal harbor road) should.
    >
    > I realize that. I went to all shops. They were locked.
    >
    > I *do* know what might have caused this. After finishing, but before going
    > into a shop, I switched cars.
    > It's the only thing I can think of. Switching back to my original car did
    no
    > good.
    >
    > BTW, Jeff, you're an expert on this game. Since I may need to repeat the
    > entire game, what's the best known car?
    > I know this involves many factors, but in your opinion, what would be best
    > for online sprints and circuits? I've read some tuning tips but if you
    have
    > any that would also be welcome information.
    >
    > tvp

Performance Games Video Games