NFSU2 -- Buggy, help sought

Last response: in Video Games
January 17, 2005 3:24:09 PM

I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I went
to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?

tvp

More about : nfsu2 buggy sought

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:22:34 PM

>I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
> upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I went
> to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
> locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
> they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?

Megalow parts doesn't have any level 3 parts. The other performance
shops (like the one near the coal harbor road) should.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:18:00 PM

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I finished NFSU2 and a message appeared stating that ALL performance
> > upgrades had been unlocked. When I went to any performance shop (i.e. I
went
> > to all of them) the extreme packages for transmission, turbo were still
> > locked. What can I do when the game says they are unlocked but acts like
> > they aren't? Does it mean that I'll never be able to get them?
>
> Megalow parts doesn't have any level 3 parts. The other performance
> shops (like the one near the coal harbor road) should.

I realize that. I went to all shops. They were locked.

I *do* know what might have caused this. After finishing, but before going
into a shop, I switched cars.
It's the only thing I can think of. Switching back to my original car did no
good.

BTW, Jeff, you're an expert on this game. Since I may need to repeat the
entire game, what's the best known car?
I know this involves many factors, but in your opinion, what would be best
for online sprints and circuits? I've read some tuning tips but if you have
any that would also be welcome information.

tvp
January 18, 2005 10:09:50 PM

> BTW, Jeff, you're an expert on this game. Since I may need to repeat the
> entire game, what's the best known car?

The Corolla is the fastest car for circuit, sprint, streetx and url, with
a fairly big advantage over any other car in NFSU2. Generally 2 to 3 seconds
per lap on any of the circuit course.

The 240sx is the fastest for drag racing, but for career mode, I just used
the Corolla, so I only had to spend money on one car.

The Navigator is the fastest SUV.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:30:17 PM

They are unlocked but only for the MY CARS section for customizing on X-Box
Live.

!