How happy will I be?--pictures @ bottom

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
When I build my computer tomorrow?

I'm coming from an AMD Athlon 1GHz --socket 462 (KT266 Chipset, LMAO)
512MB DDR PC2100 RAM
Radeon VE 32MB DDR Video
onboard garbage audio
19" CRT

TO:

E6600 (to be overclocked to 3ghz)
P5W DH Deluxe
7600GT (overclocked)
2 Gigs of 667mhz ECC DDR (2x1GB)
x230 speakers
TWO count them TWO 19" widescreen HDCP 720p LCD screens
74 GIG RAPTOR 16mb cache version (for os) (had two but sold one cause benchmarks were only 10% increase, screw that for the savings)
320 GIG 16MB cache (for storage)
ATI 650 TV WONDER (remote control coming soon)
Plextor 755SA DVD Burner
ASUS DVD-ROM
Seasonic PSU
13-1 card reader
Rotating VESA mount for my LCD's (so i can turn them vertical and they will show me the page vertically heheheheh)
Microsoft Laser Mouse & keyboard wireless kit

Yea...I think i'll be happy MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love holding off as long as i can to buy stuff

pictures will come, i promise...oh my case is amazing too, i forgot to mention, i got this all black coolermaster, and i got front bezels to go on top of all my cd rom drives so that it looks perfect with the case

Oh by the way, i NEVER EVER play video games, hehehehe

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I don't know what you mean "span". Each will be @ 1440x900, sure the total will be 2880x900, but my radeon ve piece of garbage does it perfectly so i find it hard to believe the 7600 is incapable. You think people that want dual lcd's need a 7900? HAHA...I spy someone that's never built a dual monitor system before 2005.

i had to test them for dead pixels before my return period ended (thats how i know my radeon does it perfectly)

quadrilogy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Leave the Microsoft peripherals buy Logitech way sweater… G15 Keyboard and G5 mouse or G7 if u want to go wireless.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Leave the Microsoft peripherals buy Logitech way sweater… G15 Keyboard and G5 mouse or G7 if u want to go wireless.

everything is already bought, thanks for the tip though.

the set was free actually, courtesy of microsoft. they have the most amazing warranty and cust service. My older optical mouse explorer went bad, called about it, and thats what i got in return, how beautiful is that?

NO one is telling me how happy i'll be, just criticism. no one gets happy for their fellow members i guess, wonder why?? lol

quadrilogy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Just thought I should give u a heads up . I was given a Microsoft set to test and found that the keyboard was nice but the mouse was lacking far behind what Logitech had to offer even in a basic package.
But enjoy your pc man I hope u have a great time with it.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
WOW i just looked at that keyboard and mouse, dont get me wrong they are way nicer than my wireless laser 6000 set, but i mean hell, its twice the retail price.

Plus I don't game, so really not much use. and THANK YOU for the well wish

-------

People who post and don't follow up = MORONS :)

Kosko

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I'm installing windows on a very similar build RIGHT now. Very excited. Make sure when screwing in the mobo it doesn't ground out on the case. That was about 7 hours of grief for me.

NO one is telling me how happy i'll be, just criticism. no one gets happy for their fellow members i guess, wonder why?? lol

My guess would be because your OP looked a lot like a brag (only you know whether it was or not), and considering the readership here, I do not know of anyone who would be impressed.

If it meets your needs, then yeah, you'll be happy.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
My guess would be because your OP looked a lot like a brag (only you know whether it was or not), and considering the readership here, I do not know of anyone who would be impressed.

If it meets your needs, then yeah, you'll be happy.

It WAS a brag, not a brag that it's better than your system, but a brag as in I'm getting myself an amazing system, period. I think its a hell of a brag to go from my old computer to my new one, and well...no matter how nice of a computer I owned or how nice of computers everyone else on this forum owns...i would still be happy for someone that got the chance to see an upgrade like that all in one shot.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Forgot to ask u what cooling u are going to be running on the over-clocked stuff.

Well my card came overclocked from BFG, but I am going to TRY to OC my cpu on the stock cooler as I've heard a lot of people have had good luck doing that and since i'm only going 1:1, i think it might be okay...otherwise its going to be cpu fan shopping time for me.

p.s to quadrilogy, that lil note at the bottom of my last post wasn't for u, it was for the guy telling me that my 7600gt might not be enough.

I too waited a long time to finally upgrade from a system similar to your old one.

AMD Athlon 1200MHz Socket A
Asus A7A266
1GB DDR RAM
ATI Rage 128 Pro 32MB AGP 2x/4x

To:
Intel E6300
Asus P5B-Deluxe/WiFi
2GB DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GeForce 7600GT PCIe Silent Pipe II

Yes, you will be happy. :D

pictures will come, i promise...oh my case is amazing too, i forgot to mention, i got this all black coolermaster, and i got front bezels to go on top of all my cd rom drives so that it looks perfect with the case

Just curious, where did you get the drive covers for your Coolermaster case? I also went with a Coolermaster and I miss the drive bay covers from my old case (they wouldn't fit the new case).

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Just curious, where did you get the drive covers for your Coolermaster case? I also went with a Coolermaster and I miss the drive bay covers from my old case (they wouldn't fit the new case).

wow we basically are doing the same thing.

the drive covers..right here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999767

I know shipping seems expensive but if you order it with other stuff from newegg it only adds like $1 shipping for each of those.

I haven't put them on yet, but i'm worried i might have a problem with that and my plextor because it doesn't sit perfectly flush over it like it does my asus, so be careful if you plan to use it on a plextor...i'll let you know how it goes for me later.

So seriously, on a % increase, how much better does your new one seem?

My old case had the "drop-down" type of bezel cover, I'm not sure I want to use the double sided tape method. I also have a Plextor drive so if you say it may not line up then I'll just live with the drives showing as they are. BTW, I went with the Centurion 534 case.

The difference between my old setup and the new one is huge. My bootup time didn't change much (both setups used the same RAID 0 SATA drives) but what I really love is the multitasking. When my virus scanner would kick in for a routine HDD scan it would cripple my system for about an hour. Now I can just let it go in the background and it doesn't take as long. Also, I noticed a big difference when encoding DVD's. I haven't measured (because I used to leave my old setup to do the work while I did other stuff) but it's very noticeable.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
i have the same case as you too, mine is the 534 plus though, the sides are a little different.

haha thats a hell of a coincidence...i'll be sure to let you know how it lines up, but i dunno i know those reviews aren't so hot, but i think they weren't the brighest of people that were doing it. I know for my asus drive i can make it look amazing.

Actually, I ordered the 534 and received the 534-Plus too.

Great case so far. I've got three 120mm fans and one 80mm fan on the side scoop. I didn't realize that the side scoop telescopes to the CPU fan before I bought the 80mm fan :oops: , but I'm trying it out anyway to see if it helps my temps.

Does the black aluminum drive bezels match the case well? Also, how permanent is the double sided tape? When do you plan on putting it all together?

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I have heard that Zalman and Gigabyte offer some of the best non water-cooled cpu solutions , u can take a look at gigabytes rocket cooler http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/AirCooling/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2335&ProductName=3D%20Rocket%20II
and zalman’s CNPS9500 LED at http://www.zalmanusa.com/.
Rather than buying over-priced "bling bling" coolers, get yourself a Scythe Infinity.

yea i saw that cooler, seems like its probably the best but what sucks is that the fan is on the side and my case has a tunnel that would only work if the fan was on the top.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
thanks buddy...i got the MB, HD, CPU, and CD drives in there but i got called into work....looks like this thing is gonna have to wait till next week.

by the way, those cd rom covers were annoying as hell to put on, i only put it on one drive so far, looks great but it took longer to do that than it did to do everything else lolol i fu**ing hate them, but wow it makes the drive look so much better

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
cimg01851vi0ka9.jpg

took this before i got my 300 gig, but most everything else is already in there....

not exactly the cleanest build, but i think i did good for airflow:

cimg0186gh0.jpg