Nvidia 7950GX2 SLi or ATi X1950XTX Crossfire

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I have to choose so please help.

i saw your other post regarding your pc and the question raised for whether you should go quad sli or not

As of right now the drivers are not optimized for Quad Sli, therefore you would be wasting alot of money on 2 very powerful graphics cards, in truth i wouldn't go crossfire or sli right now since Dx10 cards are coming out soon, i would recommend getting a x1900xt 256mb and then wait to get a pair of 8800GTXs or if you would want to wait for ATis new R600 graphics card,

but if you are set on getting your components now the X1950XTXs in Crossfire would be the best setup at any resolution, quad sli just hasn't developed yet althought that could change, there is no doubt either setup will dominate any game out today, maybe even oblivion

quadrilogy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
Thx for the Heads up, but I buy a new rig every 3to 4 months, I write it off on tax locally here in South Africa so for all intensive purposes its free!

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Thx for the Heads up, but I buy a new rig every 3to 4 months, I write it off on tax locally here in South Africa so for all intensive purposes its free!

wanna write some off and send em to me :D lol

quadrilogy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
I just tell them I’m building the system for exhibition purposes and then write it off to advertising expenses on my tax return. So whenever there is a IT exhibition I get a new toy.