Can a drive map be set to connect when you request instead..

Hello All,
I would like to know if you can set a drive map to connect when you request
it instead of connecting automatically, similar to win98 drive mapping
feature

Thanks for any input
MMJII
1 answer Last reply
More about drive connect request instead

    MMJII wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I would like to know if you can set a drive map to connect when you request
    > it instead of connecting automatically, similar to win98 drive mapping
    > feature
    >
    > Thanks for any input
    > MMJII

    If I understand your question correctly, you can do it through Windows
    Explorer > Tools > Map Network Drive.

    Or, you can create a batch file with the following commands, and put a
    shortcut to it on your desktop, to map a specific drive to a specific
    drive letter:

    NET USE G:\\computername\sharename\volume

    NET USE /PERSISTENT:NO

    The first line maps the drive, and the second line will make the mapping
    temporary - the next time you boot up, the mapping to G: will be
    non-existent.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Connection Microsoft Windows XP