Scanner Color-Page View by Genius-Kye

I have a problem with this scanner that I bought in 1997:
when trying to
make it work under Windows XP, I get "error in AS6E32.exe"
after starting
module Kye32.exe. Probably this means that the driver
doesn't work under
WindowsXP, unfortunately I don't see a new driver on the
site of Genius
Can someone help?
il barbi
2 answers Last reply
More about scanner color page view genius

    > when trying to make it work under Windows XP,
    >I get "error in AS6E32.exe" after starting module Kye32.exe.

    I use a flatbed scanner Dexxa 4800 which also uses the AS6E32.exe driver
    under Windows XP prof without any problem.
    DEXXA no longer exists, but in reality the scanner is an Artec AS6E with a
    different brand name.

    > Probably this means that the driver doesn't work under WindowsXP,
    > unfortunately I don't see a new driver on the site of Genius
    I have downloaded the driver from
    http://www.artecusa.com/parallel-scanner-driver.html
    Under AS6E/AS6P "Alternate Windows XP Installation" you can read how to
    install the driver under Win XP.

    Success!

    With kind regards,
    Henk de Jong

    --
    http://www.hsdejong.nl/
    Nepal and Burma (Myanmar) - Photo Galleries

    "Henk de Jong" <henk@nospam-hsdejong.nl> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:4093c27b$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
    > > when trying to make it work under Windows XP,
    > >I get "error in AS6E32.exe" after starting module
    Kye32.exe.

    > I have downloaded the driver from
    > http://www.artecusa.com/parallel-scanner-driver.html
    > Under AS6E/AS6P "Alternate Windows XP Installation" you
    can read how to
    > install the driver under Win XP.

    Unfortunately Station AS6E sw doesn't work with my scanner,
    the result is shared in shifted stripes, anyway if the
    scanning area is somewhat little often the result is
    correct. But before installing AS6E I wasn't able to
    uninstall Genius sw because it is not foreseen:-(
    (btw I wasn't able to uninstall AS632 too...)
    I heard there is some sw that makes programs run compatible
    to Win98 (perhaps Windows Compatibility Toolkit), do you
    know about it?
    il barbi

Scanners Genius Windows XP Peripherals