twolfe18

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
these fans look prety nice, have any of you tried them?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186006

i have a lian li case, with two exaust fans (one in top, on in back) and two inlet fans (both in front) and all of them are 80mm. i am looking to quiet my pc more (i have already made some changes, i got 3rd party cpu and gpu coolers), and i think these may help. i may even look at exanding my top 80mm fan to a 120, but we will see if i can build up the courage to rip into my nice aluminum case with a dremel.

lastly, has anyone found a good way to make these INLET fans? or are there any other highly recommended fans (that can be used as inlet fans)?

fpdoc

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I have 2 of these acting as exhaust fans. They are quiet and keep the case cool even under load. Granted, mine are 120's. As noted below your first posted, I just ordered the silverstone 120mm as an intake fan. I currently have an Apevia but am looking for a little better airflow.
I also have a 80mm Masscool I zip tied to the other side of the HDD cage to help accent the airflow from the 120 intake fan. It is also right in front of my VGA card (1900XT). My VGA doesnt run hotter than 65C under load.
The 80mm is the noisiest fan in the box at full speed. If I have room I may move my old intake fan to the spot the 80 is in now or just wait and see how the Silverstone works by itself.