Pocket PCs in a Windows domain?

January 28, 2005 3:58:26 PM

Folks, is it possible to add a Pocket PC to a Windows Domain?
I haven't found anything as of now. Maybe in conjunction with an external
tool?

Tim
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 3:58:27 PM

"Tim W." <CyberSmarty_HH@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Folks, is it possible to add a Pocket PC to a Windows Domain?
>I haven't found anything as of now. Maybe in conjunction with an external
>tool?

No. You can use your domain userid and password to log on to a VPN
server, access file shares, access your email, etc, but a Pocket PC
itself doesn't have the tools necessary to actually become part of a
domain. Sort of like Win95/98/ME/XPHome. They can access domain
resources with the right user/password, but they can't join the
domain.
January 30, 2005 5:17:03 PM

Yes you can join a windows domain with a PPC, I have a IPAQ 2210 with
wireless connection. I can quite happily join my 2003 server domain.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:12:55 PM

<del@here.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can join a windows domain with a PPC, I have a IPAQ 2210 with
> wireless connection. I can quite happily join my 2003 server domain.

Join or access? Different, you know, just as Ed described.
!