sendto entries lost

I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"RA" wrote:

| I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
| listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
| right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
| shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
| show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
| show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

As I stated - I did that. They are in the sendto directory, but DONOT show
up on the right-click menu. They used to (as of a couple of days ago), but
as of yesterday, they have disappeared. As I said, I tried re-installing
them via the individual programs and the way this article shows - but they
still do not show up in the drop down menu.

> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "RA" wrote:
>
> | I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
> | listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
> | right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing
> the
> | shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard.
> They
> | show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do
> not
> | show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
Support.

Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32

"RA" wrote:

> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

HP left one out

Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
(add MyDocs to Sendto)

http://www.uscricket.com
"Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
> The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
> Support.
>
> Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
> Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
>
> "RA" wrote:
>
>> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
>> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
>> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
>> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
>> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
>> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Jimmie "B" and David: Thank you. These have done the job. Your input much
appreciated.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
HP left one out

Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
(add MyDocs to Sendto)

http://www.uscricket.com
"Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by
> HP
> Support.
>
> Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
> Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
>
> "RA" wrote:
>
>> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
>> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
>> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing
>> the
>> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard.
>> They
>> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do
>> not
>> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does. They search Google Groups, that's for sure ;-)
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uBzNymL2EHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
HP left one out

Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
(add MyDocs to Sendto)

http://www.uscricket.com
"Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
> The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
> Support.
>
> Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
> Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
>
> "RA" wrote:
>
>> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
>> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
>> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
>> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
>> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
>> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

It did seem familiar

To fix a lot of stuff one could do

cmd /k for %A in ("%windir%\system32\*.dll") Do Regsvr32 %~nA

and

cmd /k for %A in ("%windir%\system32\*.dll") Do Regsvr32 /i %~nA

clicking ok to all errors and messages.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uH89iYX2EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does. They search Google Groups, that's for sure ;-)
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uBzNymL2EHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
HP left one out

Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
(add MyDocs to Sendto)

http://www.uscricket.com
"Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
> The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
> Support.
>
> Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
> Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
>
> "RA" wrote:
>
>> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
>> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
>> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
>> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
>> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
>> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Correction:

>> And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does.

must be:

And HP Techs (outsource support...here) do *not* know what the command does. :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:%238KUy7X2EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
[...]