sendto entries lost

I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.
8 answers Last reply
More about sendto entries lost

    How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "RA" wrote:

    | I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    | listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    | right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
    | shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
    | show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
    | show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    As I stated - I did that. They are in the sendto directory, but DONOT show
    up on the right-click menu. They used to (as of a couple of days ago), but
    as of yesterday, they have disappeared. As I said, I tried re-installing
    them via the individual programs and the way this article shows - but they
    still do not show up in the drop down menu.

    > How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "RA" wrote:
    >
    > | I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    > | listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    > | right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing
    > the
    > | shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard.
    > They
    > | show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do
    > not
    > | show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
    Support.

    Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32

    "RA" wrote:

    > I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    > listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    > right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
    > shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
    > show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
    > show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    HP left one out

    Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    (add MyDocs to Sendto)

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
    > The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
    > Support.
    >
    > Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > "RA" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    >> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    >> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
    >> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
    >> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
    >> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Jimmie "B" and David: Thank you. These have done the job. Your input much
    appreciated.

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    HP left one out

    Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    (add MyDocs to Sendto)

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by
    > HP
    > Support.
    >
    > Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > "RA" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    >> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    >> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing
    >> the
    >> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard.
    >> They
    >> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do
    >> not
    >> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does. They search Google Groups, that's for sure ;-)
    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uBzNymL2EHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    HP left one out

    Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    (add MyDocs to Sendto)

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
    > The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
    > Support.
    >
    > Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > "RA" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    >> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    >> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
    >> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
    >> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
    >> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    It did seem familiar

    To fix a lot of stuff one could do

    cmd /k for %A in ("%windir%\system32\*.dll") Do Regsvr32 %~nA

    and

    cmd /k for %A in ("%windir%\system32\*.dll") Do Regsvr32 /i %~nA

    clicking ok to all errors and messages.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uH89iYX2EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does. They search Google Groups, that's for sure ;-)
    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uBzNymL2EHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    HP left one out

    Rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    (add MyDocs to Sendto)

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Jimmie"B"" <Jimmie"B"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6B4FF26-F450-4D35-915A-B7A3FE11D9C5@microsoft.com...
    > The following corrected the problem on my COMPAQ the fix was provided by HP
    > Support.
    >
    > Start->Run regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > Start->Run regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > "RA" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a non-Microsoft text editor and a graphics program which I have
    >> listed in the sendto directory. Until this morning they were in the
    >> right-click drop-down menu under "sendto". I have tried re-installing the
    >> shortcuts via the programs and with the sendto/file/shortcut wizard. They
    >> show up in the directory when I use explorer to look at it, but they do not
    >> show up when I right-click an item. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Correction:

    >> And HP Techs (outsource support...here) does know what the command does.

    must be:

    And HP Techs (outsource support...here) do *not* know what the command does. :-)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:%238KUy7X2EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
[...]