Cannot find my windows office in Windows 7

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Word and its Office based applications do not come native with Win 7. If you have installed Office since the installation of Win 7 if you are using the 64 bit version of Win 7 Office can be found under the Program Files (x86) Directory in a folder called Microsoft Office. If that folder exists Office should be in the Start Menu. If it does not exist then you haven't installed it. If it does but is not reflected in the Start Menu something has gone wrong with the installation of Office.

If you are certain it isn't showing up in the start menu, you can try reinstalling office or I think if you use the uninstall option via the control panel there is a repair install option.

even without a start menu option, you can click start and just type "excel", "word", or whichever program you want to start and win 7 should find and run it for you.

cec174

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Are you the administrator on your machine? On some machines at my workplace if the user is not the administrator and a program is installed the programs do not show up in the start menu even though they were installed through that non admin account. I am not sure how to fix it however that may be a potential cause.