ATI X1800XT in Crossfire Mode

xmonxjester

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Hi all,

I have a x1800xt crossfire edition card , but was wondering if anybody know's when ATI plan to release an X1800 Crossfire master card. I presume there aint one released yet as i cannot find one anywhere on the net..

Also has anybody got an x1800xt corssfire edition card running with another master card like the x1900xt ? or is that not possible ? It just seems like the x1800xt corssfire edition card aint got much use at ther moment..

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Hi all,

I have a x1800xt crossfire edition card , but was wondering if anybody know's when ATI plan to release an X1800 Crossfire master card. I presume there aint one released yet as i cannot find one anywhere on the net..

Also has anybody got an x1800xt corssfire edition card running with another master card like the x1900xt ? or is that not possible ? It just seems like the x1800xt corssfire edition card aint got much use at ther moment..

They use to have them, but i know newegg wiped their x1800 inventory clean, and now slowly bringing them back. I wouldnt recommend CF either, just like mplich said, DX10 is coming up hopefully soon.

pauldh

Illustrious
That refurb master card has been available off shop ATI for ages. Yeah, otherwise they are rare. But if he has the Crossfire Edition now like in my link, then a second slave card is a breeze to find. I would have bought a master card had I found any proof that crossfire can work in an NF4 SLI mobo. People make the claims all the time, but I have not seen 1 case anywhere of it actually working. So I passed on crossfire. Oblivion made me buy one X1800XT, I would have bought a second too, but wasn't replacing the DFI also.