Sign in with
Your question

ATI X1800XT in Crossfire Mode

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2006 12:52:08 AM

Hi all,

I have a x1800xt crossfire edition card , but was wondering if anybody know's when ATI plan to release an X1800 Crossfire master card. I presume there aint one released yet as i cannot find one anywhere on the net..

Also has anybody got an x1800xt corssfire edition card running with another master card like the x1900xt ? or is that not possible ? It just seems like the x1800xt corssfire edition card aint got much use at ther moment..
October 6, 2006 8:11:25 PM

Quote:
Hi all,

I have a x1800xt crossfire edition card , but was wondering if anybody know's when ATI plan to release an X1800 Crossfire master card. I presume there aint one released yet as i cannot find one anywhere on the net..

Also has anybody got an x1800xt corssfire edition card running with another master card like the x1900xt ? or is that not possible ? It just seems like the x1800xt corssfire edition card aint got much use at ther moment..

They use to have them, but i know newegg wiped their x1800 inventory clean, and now slowly bringing them back. I wouldnt recommend CF either, just like mplich said, DX10 is coming up hopefully soon.
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2006 12:45:03 AM

If you have a crossfire mobo, you are golden. The crossfire edition card is the master card. You just need a plain X1800XT for the second card.

Here is the Crossfire edition:
http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2797004

"To complete the CrossFire™ platform, any PCI Express Radeon® X1800 graphics card and a CrossFire™ Ready motherboard are also required "
Related resources
October 7, 2006 5:00:12 AM

Ati did make MC X1800's....but its like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2006 12:55:48 PM

That refurb master card has been available off shop ATI for ages. Yeah, otherwise they are rare. But if he has the Crossfire Edition now like in my link, then a second slave card is a breeze to find. I would have bought a master card had I found any proof that crossfire can work in an NF4 SLI mobo. People make the claims all the time, but I have not seen 1 case anywhere of it actually working. So I passed on crossfire. Oblivion made me buy one X1800XT, I would have bought a second too, but wasn't replacing the DFI also.
!