Can someone explain this billing anomaly?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 18, 2004 12:52:07 AM

I have a family plan. One of the phones is used by my father in law.

In reviewing the call details this last month (his first month with the
phone), the call log shows 15 calls _from_ his number _to_ his number. If
the call log is to believed, he called himself for over 300 minutes this
month. This isn't the product of some kind of call forwarding issue, as he
doesn't have that feature. I can't figure out any way for this to be right.

I suppose its not a big deal since if he uses his phone to call himself, I
guess that's a Cingular customer calling another Cingular customer, so it's
free.

Neither my phone nor my wife's phone show this phenomenon.

Is this a billing glitch or what's going on?

Tony
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 1:29:00 AM

> I have a family plan. One of the phones is used by my father in law.
>
> In reviewing the call details this last month (his first month with
> the phone), the call log shows 15 calls _from_ his number _to_ his
> number. If the call log is to believed, he called himself for over
> 300 minutes this month. This isn't the product of some kind of call
> forwarding issue, as he doesn't have that feature. I can't figure out
> any way for this to be right.

This would be a way to check your voice mail but when you get it press *
then your password. Most people use this to check voice mail from another
phone when their cell is not working/battery dead ect. A average of 20 min
per call is a bit long for checking email. Guess he could have is own
number in the speed dial and these are calls that he didn't know he was
making, but then again 20 min per is too long. I carry several phones in a
bag I've had one recall the last number called just moving the bag around.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 7:12:33 AM

In article <cnh67b$704@library2.airnews.net>,
"Tony" <tony_pitt.nospam@bellsouth.nospam.net> wrote:

> I have a family plan. One of the phones is used by my father in law.
>
> In reviewing the call details this last month (his first month with the
> phone), the call log shows 15 calls _from_ his number _to_ his number. If
> the call log is to believed, he called himself for over 300 minutes this
> month. This isn't the product of some kind of call forwarding issue, as he
> doesn't have that feature. I can't figure out any way for this to be right.

Setting up voice mail?

!