Advice need for my newly built C2D system.

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I just built my C2D E6300 system two days ago. At first, the CPU temp is something between 60-70C, so I reseated the heatsink, and it's down to 50C, after that, I disable the fan control in the BIO setting, and now, it's about 36c at idle.

I'm using the stock paste, and I have not apply the arctic silver 5 yet, I will soon when I got them.

At full load, the CPU temp is about 54C.

I'm using Core temp and Everest...

Here's my setup:
E6300 at stock speed and stock hs
Gigabyte P965 DS3
512 DDR2 PC4200 RAM
Antec 480w PSU
Seagate 320 perpendicular HD
BFG 7600G video card
Coolermaster Centrio 5
1 120mm fans, and 1 80mm fans at the HD area.

Is the temp normal for my setup? Can I get it to lower without any speical cooling device?

One thing I want to add is that "whenver I hit the power button on my computer it powers up for a split second, then cuts out, then starts again. During this time my CPU fan does not run, it takes 2 or 3 seconds into the bootup sequence for my CPU fan to get going. but once the computer is up and running fully it doesn't have any problems. Could my PSU be bad? The heat sink fan? My outlet not powerful enough? Could this harm my computer?" (Other people are reporting that they have the same problem with the same mb)

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I just built my C2D E6300 system two days ago. At first, the CPU temp is something between 60-70C, so I reseated the heatsink, and it's down to 50C, after that, I disable the fan control in the BIO setting, and now, it's about 36c at idle.

I'm using the stock paste, and I have not apply the arctic silver 5 yet, I will soon when I got them.

At full load, the CPU temp is about 54C.

Here's my setup:
E6300 at stock speed and stock hs
Gigabyte P965 DS3
512 DDR2 PC4200 RAM
Antec 480w PSU
Seagate 320 perpendicular HD
BFG 7600G video card
Coolermaster Centrio 5
1 120mm fans, and 1 80mm fans at the HD area.

Is the temp normal for my setup? Can I get it to lower without any speical cooling device?

One thing I want to add is that "whenver I hit the power button on my computer it powers up for a split second, then cuts out, then starts again. During this time my CPU fan does not run, it takes 2 or 3 seconds into the bootup sequence for my CPU fan to get going. but once the computer is up and running fully it doesn't have any problems. Could my PSU be bad? The heat sink fan? My outlet not powerful enough? Could this harm my computer?" (Other people are reporting that they have the same problem with the same mb)

That depends what program you are using to measure your temps with, as different programs measure from different sensors (thermal monitors)

Without saying which program you are using, asking if the temps are normal is not answerable, however, no need to worry as the C2Ds have built in thermal protection, so you cant really fry them.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006

That's normal too. Don't worry about it.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
This guy again... can't anyone write an intelligent banning program that automatically bans anybody with 80% spelling mistakes and the grammar of a 4th grader?

Come on CS majors, it can't be that hard. Or just ban anyone for general douchebaggery.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
actually, I realized that we didn't answer your question. Your temps are still kind of high, since most people get temps averaging around 40 even under load with stock conditions...

How many fans does your case have? you say 1 120mm and 1 80mm near hdd, is that all it has? Or does it have more. 2 Fans aren't enough, that might be causing quite a temp increase.

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006

That's normal too. Don't worry about it.

Can anybody confirm if this is normal? This is the thing that pissed me off...

BTW, I only have 2 fans...I might upgrade my stock heatsink to a quality aftermarket one.

Its normal. If your computer shuts itself off because of an issue, it won't restart without a prompt from the user (such as pushing the power button). If there was a problem with the HSF your rig wouldn't even start. Just enjoy the new rig.
Always have fun with it.
Ninja