Need for Speed Underground 2 V1.1 Crashes

Hello,

I installed Need for Speed Underground 2 today including the V1.1 patch. I
installed the NO-CD crack and ran the game, there are no problems except
when I start to race. Everytime I race about half way, the game crashes and
closes itself, I've re-installed the game and patch but it still seems to be
occuring. It seems to be a time limit or something, as I've noticed it
happens after I've played the game for around 10 minutes or so. If anyone
knows what the problem is and has solved it, please let me know. It'd be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jimmy
15 answers Last reply
More about need speed underground crashes
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    J kirjoitti:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed Need for Speed Underground 2 today including the V1.1 patch. I
    > installed the NO-CD crack and ran the game, there are no problems except
    > when I start to race. Everytime I race about half way, the game crashes and
    > closes itself, I've re-installed the game and patch but it still seems to be
    > occuring. It seems to be a time limit or something, as I've noticed it
    > happens after I've played the game for around 10 minutes or so. If anyone
    > knows what the problem is and has solved it, please let me know. It'd be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Jimmy

    Crashes without the no-cd patch aswell?

    Overheating gfx perhaps? Other games are working?
    Overheating in general?

    What background apps are running? What OS? Other system specs (gfx atleast)?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Hi,

    I'm running NVidia GeForce MX 644 (I think) 64.0MB, AMD 2000+ 1.7GHz, 256MB
    of RAM, 40GB HDD. I know it's a bit slow but it seems to be working fine
    besides the crashing, if I need an upgrade, is there anything I Need to
    upgrade in particular instead of upgrading everything? Thanks

    "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >J kirjoitti:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I installed Need for Speed Underground 2 today including the V1.1 patch.
    >> I installed the NO-CD crack and ran the game, there are no problems
    >> except when I start to race. Everytime I race about half way, the game
    >> crashes and closes itself, I've re-installed the game and patch but it
    >> still seems to be occuring. It seems to be a time limit or something, as
    >> I've noticed it happens after I've played the game for around 10 minutes
    >> or so. If anyone knows what the problem is and has solved it, please let
    >> me know. It'd be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> Jimmy
    >
    > Crashes without the no-cd patch aswell?
    >
    > Overheating gfx perhaps? Other games are working?
    > Overheating in general?
    >
    > What background apps are running? What OS? Other system specs (gfx
    > atleast)?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Also forgot to say that I run Windows XP. I thought this would be associated
    with a bug or something but then again, it probably isn't...

    "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running NVidia GeForce MX 644 (I think) 64.0MB, AMD 2000+ 1.7GHz,
    > 256MB of RAM, 40GB HDD. I know it's a bit slow but it seems to be working
    > fine besides the crashing, if I need an upgrade, is there anything I Need
    > to upgrade in particular instead of upgrading everything? Thanks

    > "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>J kirjoitti:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I installed Need for Speed Underground 2 today including the V1.1 patch.
    >>> I installed the NO-CD crack and ran the game, there are no problems
    >>> except when I start to race. Everytime I race about half way, the game
    >>> crashes and closes itself, I've re-installed the game and patch but it
    >>> still seems to be occuring. It seems to be a time limit or something, as
    >>> I've noticed it happens after I've played the game for around 10 minutes
    >>> or so. If anyone knows what the problem is and has solved it, please let
    >>> me know. It'd be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>>
    >>> Jimmy
    >>
    >> Crashes without the no-cd patch aswell?
    >>
    >> Overheating gfx perhaps? Other games are working?
    >> Overheating in general?
    >>
    >> What background apps are running? What OS? Other system specs (gfx
    >> atleast)?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    GeForce MX 440 64.0MB

    I am highly suspecting it's my computer overheating but am not 100% sure...

    Does anyone know what problem it is for sure and how it can be fixed?

    > Also forgot to say that I run Windows XP. I thought this would be
    > associated with a bug or something but then again, it probably isn't...
    >
    > "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm running NVidia GeForce MX 644 (I think) 64.0MB, AMD 2000+ 1.7GHz,
    >> 256MB of RAM, 40GB HDD. I know it's a bit slow but it seems to be working
    >> fine besides the crashing, if I need an upgrade, is there anything I Need
    >> to upgrade in particular instead of upgrading everything? Thanks

    >> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Crashes without the no-cd patch aswell?
    >>>
    >>> Overheating gfx perhaps? Other games are working?
    >>> Overheating in general?
    >>>
    >>> What background apps are running? What OS? Other system specs (gfx
    >>> atleast)?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    J kirjoitti:
    > GeForce MX 440 64.0MB
    >
    > I am highly suspecting it's my computer overheating but am not 100% sure...
    >
    > Does anyone know what problem it is for sure and how it can be fixed?

    Geforce drivers are up to date, yes?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Yes, they are up to date and so is Direct X. I put a fan next to the
    computer today and the game worked for longer so I think it's probably the
    computer overheating.

    >J kirjoitti:
    >> GeForce MX 440 64.0MB
    >>
    >> I am highly suspecting it's my computer overheating but am not 100%
    >> sure...
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what problem it is for sure and how it can be fixed?
    >>

    > Geforce drivers are up to date, yes?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Pretty easy to know if you have an overheating problem or not. Usually the
    BIOS has this information. To get to the BIOS tap the Del key, or F2, check
    your motherboard manual to make sure. Or you could install Motherboard
    Monitor, available here:

    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html

    Phil
    > Yes, they are up to date and so is Direct X. I put a fan next to the
    > computer today and the game worked for longer so I think it's probably the
    > computer overheating.
    >
    > "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>J kirjoitti:
    >>> GeForce MX 440 64.0MB
    >>>
    >>> I am highly suspecting it's my computer overheating but am not 100%
    >>> sure...
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know what problem it is for sure and how it can be fixed?
    >>>

    >> Geforce drivers are up to date, yes?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    I installed Motherboard Monitor, when I'm playing NFSU2 it the CPU is 68
    degrees celcius and the case is 39 degrees celcius. Am I having an
    overheating problem? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7DXE. Thanks

    "Phil" <pschmit@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty easy to know if you have an overheating problem or not. Usually the
    > BIOS has this information. To get to the BIOS tap the Del key, or F2,
    > check your motherboard manual to make sure. Or you could install
    > Motherboard Monitor, available here:
    >
    > http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html
    >
    > Phil
    > "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Yes, they are up to date and so is Direct X. I put a fan next to the
    >> computer today and the game worked for longer so I think it's probably
    >> the computer overheating.
    >>
    >> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Geforce drivers are up to date, yes?

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in

    > I installed Motherboard Monitor, when I'm playing NFSU2 it the CPU is
    > 68 degrees celcius and the case is 39 degrees celcius. Am I having an
    > overheating problem? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7DXE. Thanks

    For an AMD 1.7Ghz that's way too high. I run a P4 Prescott and I run
    slightly cooler than that on full load.

    If you know how, pull your heatsink and try some Arctic Silver thermal
    paste. If you don't then you can find the info on the web or get someone
    who knows how to do it. It's not difficult to do, just remember to clean
    the old stuff off before putting the new stuff on.

    You also need to get the case cooler. If it's tucked away someplace then
    pull it out so that air is around it and it can breath a bit better. The
    worse place for a pc is in some little cupboard on one of these computer
    desks.

    If that doesn't cool it down then up grade your case fans and cpu fan.
    You may also need to upgrade your cpu heatsink to get rid of the heat
    quicker if you can't lower the case temps by much.

    A lot of info is available on the web and usenet. try
    alt.comp.hardware.overclocking and read through that for cooling
    solutions. Also search google and you'll see verious ways to cool it
    down.

    Do the cpu heatsink first and make sure that's working as good as it can
    before looking at the other problems.

    When your done, download Prime95 and run that then watch your temps.

    A real quick solution is to get a new motherboard and a P4. They use
    auto throttling and will slow down at high temps. Not sure if there are
    any AMDs that do this but someone will know and post it if there is.
    Been a few years since I owned an AMD cpu.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    "Never knowingly understood."
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Also forgot to say that the CPU is normally 62 degrees celcius and the case
    is normally 37 degrees celcius.

    "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >I installed Motherboard Monitor, when I'm playing NFSU2 it the CPU is 68
    >degrees celcius and the case is 39 degrees celcius. Am I having an
    >overheating problem? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7DXE. Thanks
    >

    > "Phil" <pschmit@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    >> Pretty easy to know if you have an overheating problem or not. Usually
    >> the BIOS has this information. To get to the BIOS tap the Del key, or F2,
    >> check your motherboard manual to make sure. Or you could install
    >> Motherboard Monitor, available here:
    >>
    >> http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html
    >>
    >> Phil
    >> "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >>> Yes, they are up to date and so is Direct X. I put a fan next to the
    >>> computer today and the game worked for longer so I think it's probably
    >>> the computer overheating.
    >>>
    >>> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    J kirjoitti:
    > Also forgot to say that the CPU is normally 62 degrees celcius and the case
    > is normally 37 degrees celcius.
    >
    > "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I installed Motherboard Monitor, when I'm playing NFSU2 it the CPU is 68
    >>degrees celcius and the case is 39 degrees celcius. Am I having an
    >>overheating problem? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7DXE. Thanks

    That is definitely a bit on the high side. My system (AMD 2400+ XP) runs
    at about 50C CPU/35C case, at full 100% cpu load. Not cpu dangerous
    levels, but instability causing for sure.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Do I need a new fan or a whole motherboard? Thank you for your help guys!

    >J kirjoitti:
    >> Also forgot to say that the CPU is normally 62 degrees celcius and the
    >> case is normally 37 degrees celcius.
    >>
    >> "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I installed Motherboard Monitor, when I'm playing NFSU2 it the CPU is 68
    >>>degrees celcius and the case is 39 degrees celcius. Am I having an
    >>>overheating problem? My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7DXE. Thanks
    >>>

    > That is definitely a bit on the high side. My system (AMD 2400+ XP) runs
    > at about 50C CPU/35C case, at full 100% cpu load. Not cpu dangerous
    > levels, but instability causing for sure.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    J kirjoitti:
    > Do I need a new fan or a whole motherboard? Thank you for your help guys!

    Motherboard won't help temperatures. First thing I would check is the
    CPU heatsink and cooler. Make sure the heatsink is properly in place
    (possibly remove it, clean the contact spot and add silver thermal
    combound) and that the fans is spinning as it should. Or buy a new
    bigger one, they're not that expensive (for 20eur you can get a pretty
    good one).

    Also try to improve airflow inside the case. Don't place the case inside
    a cupboard. Possibly add case fans (intake and outtake).
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    A friend of mine had the exact same problem. Turned out, the heat sink for
    the graphics card was set up to blow heat directly onto the cpu, overheating
    it, and shutting it down. He added 2 case fans (one at the front, one in
    back) and jury rigged a heat shield, and the prob went away...

    > GeForce MX 440 64.0MB
    >
    > I am highly suspecting it's my computer overheating but am not 100%
    sure...

    > Does anyone know what problem it is for sure and how it can be fixed?
    >

    > "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Also forgot to say that I run Windows XP. I thought this would be
    > > associated with a bug or something but then again, it probably isn't...
    > >
    > > "J" <ask.me@home.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm running NVidia GeForce MX 644 (I think) 64.0MB, AMD 2000+ 1.7GHz,
    > >> 256MB of RAM, 40GB HDD. I know it's a bit slow but it seems to be
    working
    > >> fine besides the crashing, if I need an upgrade, is there anything I
    Need
    > >> to upgrade in particular instead of upgrading everything? Thanks

    > >> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed Need for Speed Underground 2 today including the V1.1 patch. I
    > installed the NO-CD crack and ran the game, there are no problems except
    > when I start to race. Everytime I race about half way, the game crashes
    and
    > closes itself, I've re-installed the game and patch but it still seems to
    be
    > occuring. It seems to be a time limit or something, as I've noticed it
    > happens after I've played the game for around 10 minutes or so. If anyone
    > knows what the problem is and has solved it, please let me know. It'd be
    > greatly appreciated.

    I've been messing with this on my sons computer. We tried upgrading to the
    latest nvidia driver 71.84 but that didn't help. He already has one case fan
    and I hoovered it all out.

    What seems to have helped a little is going back to nvidia driver version
    61.77.
    --
    Mike Lewis

Games CD-Rom Video Games