UMax Astra 2200 and Windows XP

I installed Windows XP and now my
Umax Astra 2200 doesn't work. I get the below message from Windows.

I still have the CD that came with the scanner. It says Astra Scanners
Version 2.52S, VistaScan 3.52. I see on UMax's website that I can buy a new
disk, for $15. I don't think I should have to pay for the disk (which may
not even solve my problem) just to get a scanner I already paid for working.

In my searching I found this link but it doesn't work:
ftp://ftp.umax.co.uk/pc/umax/scanners/vs352su/vs352suall.zip

Windows message:
UMAX VistaScan Scanner
UMAX

Issue Description:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This
driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an
update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

Contact Information:

Umax Web site: http://www.umax.com/
Telephone: (510) 651-4000 (North America only)

"webmanoffesto" <webmanofREEEMUVDISfesto@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> I installed Windows XP and now my
> Umax Astra 2200 doesn't work. I get the below message from Windows.
>
> I still have the CD that came with the scanner. It says Astra Scanners
> Version 2.52S, VistaScan 3.52. I see on UMax's website that I can buy a
new
> disk, for $15. I don't think I should have to pay for the disk (which may
> not even solve my problem) just to get a scanner I already paid for
working.

> In my searching I found this link but it doesn't work:
> ftp://ftp.umax.co.uk/pc/umax/scanners/vs352su/vs352suall.zip
>
> Windows message:
> UMAX VistaScan Scanner
> UMAX
>
> Issue Description:
>
> A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system.
This
> driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an
> update that is compatible with this version of Windows.
>
> Contact Information:
>
> Umax Web site: http://www.umax.com/
> Telephone: (510) 651-4000 (North America only)

Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm

Select Scanner then Astra 2200, USB or SCSI ( whichever you have)
I have read in newgroups that the software interface is in english, but I do
not know.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
> In article <c57oc.26352$534.17321@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
> nomoremail@nomail.com says...
>
> > Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
> > http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
>
> ".de" is Germany, JFYI.

You are correct. .dk is Denmark.
The drivers are still at the above address.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

In article <ARdoc.9294$IR6.2827@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
nomoremail@nomail.com says...
> "Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
> > In article <c57oc.26352$534.17321@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
> > nomoremail@nomail.com says...
> >
> > > Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
> > > http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
> >
> > ".de" is Germany, JFYI.
> >

> You are correct. .dk is Denmark.
> The drivers are still at the above address.

Yes, even the Umax UK site goes to this same download area at the German
one.

Mac