Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

UMax Astra 2200 and Windows XP

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 10:21:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

I installed Windows XP and now my
Umax Astra 2200 doesn't work. I get the below message from Windows.

I still have the CD that came with the scanner. It says Astra Scanners
Version 2.52S, VistaScan 3.52. I see on UMax's website that I can buy a new
disk, for $15. I don't think I should have to pay for the disk (which may
not even solve my problem) just to get a scanner I already paid for working.

In my searching I found this link but it doesn't work:
ftp://ftp.umax.co.uk/pc/umax/scanners/vs352su/vs352sual...

Windows message:
UMAX VistaScan Scanner
UMAX

Issue Description:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This
driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an
update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

Contact Information:

Umax Web site: http://www.umax.com/
Telephone: (510) 651-4000 (North America only)
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 8:22:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

"webmanoffesto" <webmanofREEEMUVDISfesto@hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:c78cgl$koi$1@news2.netvision.net.il...
> I installed Windows XP and now my
> Umax Astra 2200 doesn't work. I get the below message from Windows.
>
> I still have the CD that came with the scanner. It says Astra Scanners
> Version 2.52S, VistaScan 3.52. I see on UMax's website that I can buy a
new
> disk, for $15. I don't think I should have to pay for the disk (which may
> not even solve my problem) just to get a scanner I already paid for
working.
>
> In my searching I found this link but it doesn't work:
> ftp://ftp.umax.co.uk/pc/umax/scanners/vs352su/vs352sual...
>
> Windows message:
> UMAX VistaScan Scanner
> UMAX
>
> Issue Description:
>
> A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system.
This
> driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an
> update that is compatible with this version of Windows.
>
> Contact Information:
>
> Umax Web site: http://www.umax.com/
> Telephone: (510) 651-4000 (North America only)
>
>
>
Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm

Select Scanner then Astra 2200, USB or SCSI ( whichever you have)
I have read in newgroups that the software interface is in english, but I do
not know.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
--
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:16:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

In article <c57oc.26352$534.17321@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
nomoremail@nomail.com says...

> Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
> http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm

".de" is Germany, JFYI.

Mac
Related resources
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 4:03:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

"Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1b0b28dd5c412c7f203f@news.individual.net...
> In article <c57oc.26352$534.17321@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
> nomoremail@nomail.com says...
>
> > Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
> > http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
>
> ".de" is Germany, JFYI.
>

You are correct. .dk is Denmark.
The drivers are still at the above address.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
--

> Mac
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 4:03:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

In article <ARdoc.9294$IR6.2827@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>,
nomoremail@nomail.com says...
> "Mac McDougald" <doogleREMOVE_THIS@netzero.net> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1b0b28dd5c412c7f203f@news.individual.net...
> > In article <c57oc.26352$534.17321@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
> > nomoremail@nomail.com says...
> >
> > > Download page in Denmark has the Windows XP drivers.
> > > http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
> >
> > ".de" is Germany, JFYI.
> >
>
> You are correct. .dk is Denmark.
> The drivers are still at the above address.

Yes, even the Umax UK site goes to this same download area at the German
one.

Mac
!