What to do when I meet competing cars in streets ?

A newbie question:

What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around the
streets ?

I can rase them in races, but when I just meet them, I see a sign top left,
of two cars. Can I compete with them right there or ?

Cheers

".:J:." <MONKEYselskab-at-bigfoot.com> wrote in

> A newbie question:
>
> What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving
> around the streets ?
>
> I can rase them in races, but when I just meet them, I see a sign top
> left, of two cars. Can I compete with them right there or ?
>
> Cheers

Yes. I can't remember what button it is just now, but you can race them.
I think it's then one you press for messages or to enter a shop, probably
wrong about that.

They take off and you have to keep up with them. If you get past them
then you choose the route and they have to keep up with you. Highways are
fun because you just hit the nitro and blow them away. :)

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

> What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around the streets ?

If you're on a PC, get close and press the <enter> key to start an outrun.
It's easiest to hit the competing car in the rear quarter panel to spin
them out. I made a video of outruns, here's a link:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2or.wmv

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around
>> the streets ?
>
> If you're on a PC, get close and press the <enter> key to start an outrun.
> It's easiest to hit the competing car in the rear quarter panel to spin
> them out. I made a video of outruns, here's a link:
>
> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2or.wmv

Great, made it work

thx all

if on xbox press up on the D pad you can also unlock some unique parts and
not just body mods and vinyls but also NOS , TURBOS , ECU etc. for a full
list of uniques and how to get them email me at DazzaStar@hotmail.com