What to do when I meet competing cars in streets ?

A newbie question:

What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around the
streets ?

I can rase them in races, but when I just meet them, I see a sign top left,
of two cars. Can I compete with them right there or ?

Cheers
More about what meet competing cars streets
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    ".:J:." <MONKEYselskab-at-bigfoot.com> wrote in

    > A newbie question:
    >
    > What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving
    > around the streets ?
    >
    > I can rase them in races, but when I just meet them, I see a sign top
    > left, of two cars. Can I compete with them right there or ?
    >
    > Cheers

    Yes. I can't remember what button it is just now, but you can race them.
    I think it's then one you press for messages or to enter a shop, probably
    wrong about that.

    They take off and you have to keep up with them. If you get past them
    then you choose the route and they have to keep up with you. Highways are
    fun because you just hit the nitro and blow them away. :)

    --
    Alex Devlin

    "Never knowingly understood."
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around the streets ?

    If you're on a PC, get close and press the <enter> key to start an outrun.
    It's easiest to hit the competing car in the rear quarter panel to spin
    them out. I made a video of outruns, here's a link:

    http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2or.wmv
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around
    >> the streets ?
    >
    > If you're on a PC, get close and press the <enter> key to start an outrun.
    > It's easiest to hit the competing car in the rear quarter panel to spin
    > them out. I made a video of outruns, here's a link:
    >
    > http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2or.wmv

    Great, made it work

    thx all

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    if on xbox press up on the D pad you can also unlock some unique parts and
    not just body mods and vinyls but also NOS , TURBOS , ECU etc. for a full
    list of uniques and how to get them email me at DazzaStar@hotmail.com

    ".:J:." <MONKEYselskab-at-bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > A newbie question:
    >
    > What do I do when I meet other fast (competing) cars just driving around
    the
    > streets ?
    >
    > I can rase them in races, but when I just meet them, I see a sign top
    left,
    > of two cars. Can I compete with them right there or ?
    >
    > Cheers

Cars Games Video Games