on 11/15/2004 I had posted the following message:
Since last few days when I start my computer ( windows xp) it shows the
message invalid boot.ini file -- booting from c:\windows and then it starts.
kindly let me know how can I correct this.

I had received two replies to my querry, but as I had to go out of town I
had thought to persue the same after returning.

But surprisingly my message along with the reply is not traceble. Further my
boot ini.file which was earlier in system configuration and utility is not
there anymore.

I had tried another hard disk after which this problem started. can any one
guide me in this matter.

opa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

Like this;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

"Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> on 11/15/2004 I had posted the following message:
> Since last few days when I start my computer ( windows xp) it shows the
> message invalid boot.ini file -- booting from c:\windows and then it
> starts.
> kindly let me know how can I correct this.
>
> I had received two replies to my querry, but as I had to go out of town I
> had thought to persue the same after returning.
>
> But surprisingly my message along with the reply is not traceble. Further
> my
> boot ini.file which was earlier in system configuration and utility is not
> there anymore.
>
> I had tried another hard disk after which this problem started. can any
> one
> guide me in this matter.

Thank You Very Much. Your suggestion Helped me to solve my problem.

"Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
> Like this;
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022
>
> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > on 11/15/2004 I had posted the following message:
> > Since last few days when I start my computer ( windows xp) it shows the
> > message invalid boot.ini file -- booting from c:\windows and then it
> > starts.
> > kindly let me know how can I correct this.
> >
> > I had received two replies to my querry, but as I had to go out of town
> > had thought to persue the same after returning.
> >
> > But surprisingly my message along with the reply is not traceble.
Further
> > my
> > boot ini.file which was earlier in system configuration and utility is
not
> > there anymore.
> >
> > I had tried another hard disk after which this problem started. can any
> > one
> > guide me in this matter.

Hi, Jagdish.

In OE6, to see your past messages, click in the header of the From column;
click again to reverse the sort order. I see your previous message - and
the two responses.

If your messages are disappearing too quickly, you may have your OE set to
delete downloaded messages from your hard disk too soon. Go to Tools |
Options... and the Maintenance tab. The default is 5 days after
downloading, as I recall; I've set mine to 32 days and see about 7500
messages now.

Also, you may want to go to the Read tab and change the line that says
"Download 300 headers at a time". You can make the number as large as
1,000, or uncheck the box to get all headers (but that might take a while,
even with broadband, for a busy newsgroup).

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank You Very Much. Your suggestion Helped me to solve my problem.
>
> "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
>> Like this;
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022
>>
>> "Jagdish Chandra" <bobrup51@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> > on 11/15/2004 I had posted the following message:
>> > Since last few days when I start my computer ( windows xp) it shows the
>> > message invalid boot.ini file -- booting from c:\windows and then it
>> > starts.
>> > kindly let me know how can I correct this.
>> >
>> > I had received two replies to my querry, but as I had to go out of town
>> > had thought to persue the same after returning.
>> >
>> > But surprisingly my message along with the reply is not traceble.
> Further
>> > my
>> > boot ini.file which was earlier in system configuration and utility is
> not
>> > there anymore.
>> >
>> > I had tried another hard disk after which this problem started. can any
>> > one
>> > guide me in this matter.

There is an easier way to determine if your boot.ini contains improper or
unusable information or boot options. click>start\run and type in msconfig
and then click OK then boot.ini tab, and then the "check all boot paths"
button. This will give you on screen prompts if a bad boot.ini is found.
Newbies should shy away from editing files like the boot.ini. An improper
entry may make recovery impossible, or at the very least, very difficult.