Visual basic?

Hi to all of you

Does anyone know if there is an active visual basic group?

I am begining to fool around with it and I would like some tips now and then

I have purchased an official version as well as some books

Any ideas welcome

Thank you all very much

Rex

In the Newsgroups browse to:
1. English
2. Developer - Visual Tools and Languages
3. Visual Basic

"RT" wrote:

> Hi to all of you
>
> Does anyone know if there is an active visual basic group?
>

> I am begining to fool around with it and I would like some tips now and then
>
> I have purchased an official version as well as some books
>
> Any ideas welcome
>

> Thank you all very much
>
> Rex

Hi Thanks a lot

I will give it a try from home
because here at work the access to the microsoft groups is limited for some
strange reason
I can only see six MS groups and at home I can see a lot more

Profiders make their choices and we just have to pay

Speak to you later

Rex

"Alex Levi" <AlexLevi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the Newsgroups browse to:
> 1. English
> 2. Developer - Visual Tools and Languages
> 3. Visual Basic
>

> "RT" wrote:
>
> > Hi to all of you
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is an active visual basic group?
> >

> > I am begining to fool around with it and I would like some tips now and
then

> > I have purchased an official version as well as some books
> >
> > Any ideas welcome
> >

> > Thank you all very much
> >
> > Rex

Hi, Rex.

Many news providers simply "slurp" messages from the host server and relay
them - and your responses - back and forth. They often choose to do this
for only some of the available newsgroups on the host server.

But, why not bypass the relaying server and get your news messages directly
from the host server? All 2000+ of these microsoft.public.* NGs are hosted
on the Microsoft public news server, which is free and does not require you
to log on.

On your home computer, and on your work computer, unless blocked by
something like a corporate firewall, you can just click here:

That single click should start OE (if not already running), set up a News
account for the MS public server, connect you to this .basics NG, and
download the 300 most recent headers. At your leisure, you can customize OE
itself and this Account to suit yourself. You can change the 300 to any
number up to 1,000, or remove the check in the box to get all of them (which
might take a long time, even with broadband, for an active group like this).

I note that you are using OE 5.5; is there some reason that you've not
upgraded to OE6, which has been available for 3 years now?

Alex is using the Web-based interface. Navigation among the newsgroups
(called Discussion Groups in that interface) is quite different when using
that interface. If you'd like to see it, click here:

Welcome to Microsoft Discussion Groups
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx

Then follow the path Alex suggested, where you will find over 3 dozen
subcategory newsgroups. These are the same groups you can find on the MS
server by using OE, clicking Newsgroups and typing .vb. into the search box.

To get directly to the Visual Basic Discussion Group for database, for
example, you can click here:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vb.database&cat=en_US_dc3fbb05-5479-4a3d-b38a-bea22722195d&lang=en&cr=US

You might also find some help in the Visual Basic Developer Center:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message
> Hi Thanks a lot
>
> I will give it a try from home
> because here at work the access to the microsoft groups is limited for
> some
> strange reason
> I can only see six MS groups and at home I can see a lot more
>
> Profiders make their choices and we just have to pay
>
> Speak to you later
>
> Rex
>
> "Alex Levi" <AlexLevi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In the Newsgroups browse to:
>> 1. English
>> 2. Developer - Visual Tools and Languages
>> 3. Visual Basic
>>

>> "RT" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi to all of you
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if there is an active visual basic group?
>> >

>> > I am begining to fool around with it and I would like some tips now and
> then
>> >
>> > I have purchased an official version as well as some books
>> >
>> > Any ideas welcome
>> >

>> > Thank you all very much
>> >
>> > Rex

Hi

At home I can easily access the Microsoft groups, but at work our provider
(Telenet) does not seem to be to keen on it
they only have a few of the ms groups available and I cannot access the
newsgroup direct

On the other hand from home it all works fine (diffrent provider) but my
dear family are not to keen on me spending hours at the keyboard

But I have now found the group and I will be monitoring it and I'm sure you
will see my name pop up with questions

Speak to you soon

And thanks for the reply

Rex

"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message
> > Hi Thanks a lot
> >
> > I will give it a try from home
> > because here at work the access to the microsoft groups is limited for
> > some
> > strange reason
> > I can only see six MS groups and at home I can see a lot more
> >
> > Profiders make their choices and we just have to pay
> >
> > Speak to you later
> >
> > Rex
> >
> > "Alex Levi" <AlexLevi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> In the Newsgroups browse to:
> >> 1. English
> >> 2. Developer - Visual Tools and Languages

Hi, Rex.

Too bad you can't access the MS news server from work. All the groups are
there, just waiting for us to access them - for free - unless blocked by
something on our end of the Internet.

See you around the newsgroups. ;<)

RC