explorer fehler..can't copy File

I can't copy File in Explorer. When i select the file and chose edit-->copy ,
it hangs and i can't work at my pc. I must always kill the Explorer in Task
Manager.
I see the Status in Windows Task manager.it says no respone.
Anybody any idea or advise
....thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer fehler copy file

    try selecting "save target as..." in the right click menu and save it in a
    folder you can get to easily. Then use it how you want.

    "S. Groel" <SGroel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > try selecting "save target as..." in the right click menu and save it
    > in a folder you can get to easily. Then use it how you want.
    >
    > "micha" wrote:
    >
    >> I can't copy File in Explorer. When i select the file and chose
    >> edit-->copy , it hangs and i can't work at my pc. I must always kill
    >> the Explorer in Task Manager.
    >> I see the Status in Windows Task manager.it says no respone.
    >> Anybody any idea or advise
    >> ...thank you

    I don't see a "Save target as..." in Windows Explorer, which OP appears to
    be referring to.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Explorer Task Manager Microsoft Windows XP