explorer fehler..can't copy File

November 23, 2004 7:13:03 AM

I can't copy File in Explorer. When i select the file and chose edit-->copy ,
it hangs and i can't work at my pc. I must always kill the Explorer in Task
Manager.
I see the Status in Windows Task manager.it says no respone.
Anybody any idea or advise
....thank you
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 9:49:09 AM

try selecting "save target as..." in the right click menu and save it in a
folder you can get to easily. Then use it how you want.

"micha" wrote:

> I can't copy File in Explorer. When i select the file and chose edit-->copy ,
> it hangs and i can't work at my pc. I must always kill the Explorer in Task
> Manager.
> I see the Status in Windows Task manager.it says no respone.
> Anybody any idea or advise
> ...thank you
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 11:58:44 PM

"S. Groel" <SGroel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> try selecting "save target as..." in the right click menu and save it
> in a folder you can get to easily. Then use it how you want.
>
> "micha" wrote:
>
>> I can't copy File in Explorer. When i select the file and chose
>> edit-->copy , it hangs and i can't work at my pc. I must always kill
>> the Explorer in Task Manager.
>> I see the Status in Windows Task manager.it says no respone.
>> Anybody any idea or advise
>> ...thank you

I don't see a "Save target as..." in Windows Explorer, which OP appears to
be referring to.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com