Sign in with
Your question

Mini Display Port to VGA not working on Mac Mini after Mountain Lion upgrade

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 19, 2012 10:10:01 AM

Hello,

I have a Mac Mini mid 2011 running Lion, till yesterday I was using it with a VGA monitor using Mini Display port to VGA adaptor. Then I decided to upgrade to Mountain Lion and after rebooting there was no display. Tried resetting NVRAM as well to no avail. I then connected it to my HDTV using an HDMI cable, and that worked. I could see the display on my HD TV, I then enabled display mirroring and got display on my VGA monitor as well through the Mini Display Port.

Then I shut down the Mac, detached HDMI and tried to boot, again no display on VGA monitor :(  I connected the HDMI and the display came on that but the mirroring had been turned off. Despite turning on the mirroring, there was no display on VGA monitor.

I need to use the VGA monitor as my main and only display, I need to use the Mac at office and the TV is at my home so I can't connect it to the HDTV all the time.

This is driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated.
February 5, 2013 10:19:05 AM

yashgadhiya said:
Hello,

I have a Mac Mini mid 2011 running Lion, till yesterday I was using it with a VGA monitor using Mini Display port to VGA adaptor. Then I decided to upgrade to Mountain Lion and after rebooting there was no display. Tried resetting NVRAM as well to no avail. I then connected it to my HDTV using an HDMI cable, and that worked. I could see the display on my HD TV, I then enabled display mirroring and got display on my VGA monitor as well through the Mini Display Port.

Then I shut down the Mac, detached HDMI and tried to boot, again no display on VGA monitor :(  I connected the HDMI and the display came on that but the mirroring had been turned off. Despite turning on the mirroring, there was no display on VGA monitor.

I need to use the VGA monitor as my main and only display, I need to use the Mac at office and the TV is at my home so I can't connect it to the HDTV all the time.

This is driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated.

Hi! Have you managed to solve your problem? I also have this issue, I've just bought a new Mac Mini and could not connect it to a VGA monitor using Mini Display port to VGA adaptor, it just doesn't receive the signal. Thanks in advance!
m
l
!