johnjailbait

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I have Cable for internet and have a cable modem that is brand new provided by the isp. I then have it connected to my Linksys router model wrt54g. I will have internet for a while then it just well will not be there. I will be connected to the router but no internet and all the lights on the modem are shown on. If i power cycle everything it works again but im tired of doing that is there anyway to fix it or maybe just a bad router?

Thanks

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
The problem may have your lease time set real low. This is in the lan setup.

Try Disable all logging execpt error.

Make sure you have the latest drives on the router. Most are out of date when they are shipped.

sturm

Splendid
try running without the router, hook directly to the modem. If the problem is still there it could be a weak signal from the cable company. Tell them what its doing. They should come out and check the signal strength on the line. My friend had this problem untill they put an amplifier on his line.

icemann77

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2005
if you have a cable connection.you have to clone the mac address of your main pc to the mac address clone page of the linksys router and also check the firmware of your wrt54g router if that is the latest one. :wink:

zordkhan

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I have exactly the same problem. Linksys router, connected to a cable modem, and when using wireless from linksys router the internet connection is intermittent. Others on my wireless network have no problem (apparently).

teck4ever

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Well, I almost have the same problem, the issue with my Linksys router is
that when i coneect to two diferent ports i only get internet for 1 port and not the other...when i reset router and modem then the the oposite port will work....

Is the WAN port of your router connected to the modem? Connecting it to a LAN port would definitely cause that issue.