IPAQ 5555 Com1 in use

January 28, 2005 8:49:02 PM

How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work. I've
tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any programs,
and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?

More about : ipaq 5555 com1

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:18:36 AM

What kind of gps are you using (serial, bluetooth, compact flash)?
Bluetooth gps on my 5550 uses com 8, I believe the serial port on the botom
connector of the ipaq uses com 1 but I'm not 100% cetrtain. Have you
installed any new programs between the time that it worked and now?

rights...

"Phil K" <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
> receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work. I've
> tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any
> programs,
> and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:18:37 AM

Using serial connection. I don't think I have loaded any new programs.

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" wrote:

> What kind of gps are you using (serial, bluetooth, compact flash)?
> Bluetooth gps on my 5550 uses com 8, I believe the serial port on the botom
> connector of the ipaq uses com 1 but I'm not 100% cetrtain. Have you
> installed any new programs between the time that it worked and now?

> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...
>
> "Phil K" <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
> > receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work. I've
> > tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any
> > programs,
> > and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?

January 29, 2005 12:59:25 PM

Try shutting down Active Sync on the PDA. If Active Sync is running in the
background it will prevent any other application from being able to use a
serial cable with the 5555.

Craig Enders

"Phil K" <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
> receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work. I've
> tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any
> programs,
> and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:21:02 PM

Thanks for both responses.

Craig .. I'll remember your answer next time it happens. It must also have
been a program I loaded but don't remember with one. I did a hard reset and
went back and restored from a backup done a month before the newest, and I am
back to normal operation.

Again thanks .. Phil

"Craig Enders" wrote:

> Try shutting down Active Sync on the PDA. If Active Sync is running in the
> background it will prevent any other application from being able to use a
> serial cable with the 5555.
>
> Craig Enders
>

> "Phil K" <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
> > receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work. I've
> > tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any
> > programs,
> > and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:23:48 PM

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

> Thanks for both responses.
>
> Craig .. I'll remember your answer next time it happens. It must also
> have
> been a program I loaded but don't remember with one. I did a hard reset
> and
> went back and restored from a backup done a month before the newest, and I
> am
> back to normal operation.
>
> Again thanks .. Phil
>
> "Craig Enders" wrote:
>
>> Try shutting down Active Sync on the PDA. If Active Sync is running in
>> the
>> background it will prevent any other application from being able to use a
>> serial cable with the 5555.
>>
>> Craig Enders
>>

>> "Phil K" <PhilK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I find out why COM 1 is in use. I can't seem to use the GPS
>> > receiver, the error indicates there is a conflict. It used to work.
>> > I've
>> > tried other COMs but the programs uses COM1. I haven't loaded any
>> > programs,
>> > and I have done a hard reset. Any ideas?

June 17, 2009 6:47:37 AM

I have to SwitchOff the device, disable COM1, restart workstation, Enable COM1 and switchOn the Device to use my POS serial printer.
Do you have any idea why is it so??

Krishna
!