I have a problem with migration from AHCI to RAID on existing win 7 x64.
I had AHCI HDD connected to marvell SATA 6gbit controller. I wanted to create RAID 0 on intel controller (ICH10)
I created hdd image in acronis. Enabled RAID in bios and Created RAID 0 disk (2 x hdd)
Restored from image to new raid hdd . When I try to boot win i get blue screen . error 0x0000007B ( so win cant recognize hdd)
When I boot from win CD installer have access to raid disk
what shall I do??
I my opinion system doesn't have access to raid drivers. (maybe missing registry entries)
i system32/drivers i have file iastor.sys but probably there is no registry entries
how to add registry entries to system??
How can I boot system??? ( in rescue mode windows also doesn't start)
More about :enable raid intel chipset existing windows x64
0. Make sure you have backup of your important data !!!!
1. Download a driver for second controller, preferably from manufacturer of your motherboard.
2. Turn off your computer, unconnect all unnecesary drives except system drive.
3. Attach your system drive to your second controller on motherboar (e.g. JMicron or another you have)
4. In BIOS, DO NOT CHANGE for now settings in ICHxR to AHCI/RAID.
5. In BIOS, activate your second controller and be sure your HDD will boot from them.
6. Start Windows XP (tested on WinXP 32-bit, SP3), Windows will recognize your new controller and install necessary drivers (you need to have them on disk C
7. Turn off Windows, restart your computer, go into BIOS and then turn on RAID/AHCI mode in ICHxR controller options.
8. Restart your system, Windows probably will ask you for drivers for Intel RAID/AHCI controller. Cancel this window and install Intel Matrix Storage Manager.
9. Close Windows, restart system again. Windows now has recognized ICHxR in AHCI/RAID mode. Be sure and check this in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager, in SCSI & RAID Controllers tab. When all is OK, you should see entry: "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller"
10. Turn off your system.
11. Disconnect SATA cable from second controller and attach to the ICHxR controller.
12. Restart your system - if you have no BSOD, then all is OK!
13. Turn off your system again and attach all HDD's and optical drives you deattached in 2.
14. Start Windows & enjoy - you have AHCI active, or you can build RAID, if you prefer.
problem is that I want to migrate from single AHCI drive (system ) to two drives RAID 0 . So at first I have to create a backup of my system hdd . next I have to create raid 0 in ICH10 raid bios , next recover my disk image into this RAID (2 disks) and after that I can run my system.
Finally I did it using Microsoft_Diagnostics_and_Recovery_Toolset_(_MSDaRT_)_ERD5-6.5 . After creating RAID and recover backup from image. I boot my computer from this MSDART cd. next I run tools which are included in this CD and run Regedit.
In the Windows\System32\Drivers folder is a file called iaStorV.sys installed by OS by default.
regedit maybe it is possible if you change this in registry before creating backup image. I did backup at first and after this i changed from ahci to raid and recover from backup. In that case windows doesn't start (BSOD). I tried rescue mode or boot from windows cd to repair installation but it didn't work . So only solution was to run MSDART. I am not sure what happen if I change registry at first (I didn't tested)