Power outage

My computer crashed when there was a power outage. Is there any way I can
fix it or do I have to bring it to the professionals to get it fixed?

heidi wrote:
> My computer crashed when there was a power outage. Is there any way
> I can fix it or do I have to bring it to the professionals to get it
> fixed?

"I crashed my car. Is it going to be expensive?"

Depends on what went wrong in the power outage. This can range all the way
from no harm done at all, or a slight inconsistency of the file system which
is solved with a quick disk check, to components getting fried and needing
replacement.

A bit more information about what is actually happening when your computer
boots would be helpful.

Exactly. Won't your system boot at all? Have you attempted to boot from the
CD? What about the recovery options? What, exactly, is going on? I
frequently get power outages and during the 3+ years I've had XP this has
never caused any problem at all. I have XP HE Build 2600 SP2. Please post
back with more details. Thanks.