Power outage

My computer crashed when there was a power outage. Is there any way I can
fix it or do I have to bring it to the professionals to get it fixed?
2 answers Last reply
More about power outage

    heidi wrote:
    > My computer crashed when there was a power outage. Is there any way
    > I can fix it or do I have to bring it to the professionals to get it
    > fixed?

    "I crashed my car. Is it going to be expensive?"

    Depends on what went wrong in the power outage. This can range all the way
    from no harm done at all, or a slight inconsistency of the file system which
    is solved with a quick disk check, to components getting fried and needing
    replacement.

    A bit more information about what is actually happening when your computer
    boots would be helpful.

    Exactly. Won't your system boot at all? Have you attempted to boot from the
    CD? What about the recovery options? What, exactly, is going on? I
    frequently get power outages and during the 3+ years I've had XP this has
    never caused any problem at all. I have XP HE Build 2600 SP2. Please post
    back with more details. Thanks.

Power Outage Computers Microsoft Windows XP