Windows login XP

When I get to the family login page some accounts are showing as having
unread email messages even though the account that they refer to has no
unread messages. How do I clear this please.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows login

    Hello,

    Download TweakUI from

    and when installed go to Start >All Programs>Powertoys for WindowsXP >Tweak
    UI - then go to
    Logon>Unread Mail - disable it in the right hand pane.
    (It also does a lot more)

    Otherwise the Unread Mail can be disabled via the Registry - Start > Run >
    regedit > OK and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Youremailaddress],
    double click on 'MessageCount' - in the right hand pane - and change the
    value to 0(Zero).

    HTH

    Colin.

    "trev_evans" wrote:

    > When I get to the family login page some accounts are showing as having
    > unread email messages even though the account that they refer to has no
    > unread messages. How do I clear this please.

Login Microsoft Windows XP