Sign in with
Your question

The only stupid question...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 7, 2006 3:49:06 AM

is the one you don't ask, so please be gentle with me. I'm actually pretty knowledgable about computers, but I haven't built one in about 8 years... these stickers on the back of video cards, are they supposed to be removed? The ones that you can see through the window on the box for.

More about : stupid question

October 7, 2006 2:39:05 PM

The sticker with the serial number?

Leave that on. You'll need it for warranty.
October 7, 2006 2:51:35 PM

Quote:
is the one you don't ask, so please be gentle with me. I'm actually pretty knowledgable about computers, but I haven't built one in about 8 years... these stickers on the back of video cards, are they supposed to be removed? The ones that you can see through the window on the box for.

I removed mine, but stuck them onto the front of my case so I dont loose them.
Related resources
October 7, 2006 7:31:51 PM

Quote:

There are no stupid questions only stupid answers.

That's true, there are no stupid questions. But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...

(I am not referring to anyone on this thread in case people get worried)
October 7, 2006 11:30:51 PM

Quote:
I like that one. :lol: 

As do I. The sticker started coming off both of my GTXs because of the fans and sometimes the heat. If they ever broke, I'd be able to apply the sticker back on and still be considered under warranty right?
October 10, 2006 12:29:11 PM

No, I won't spare your feelings, that question was really dumb.

Why would you remove stickers on a video card? Do you see it in the manual? Can you read a manual? If you were meant to remove them then it would tell you to.

Good grief. "I know a lot about computers..." yeah right.
October 10, 2006 12:39:12 PM

Please don't flame.

I took my sticker off my video card, but I keep the sticker in a safe area. If anything goes wrong, I just put the sticker back on :p  The sticker is mostly for the warranty/returns
October 10, 2006 12:52:41 PM

I don't flame.

I am just sober...

I apologize!

:evil: 
October 10, 2006 12:54:23 PM

Quote:
I don't flame.

I am just sober...

I apologize!

:evil: 

That's ok, just don't do it too often :) 

For certain n00bs, it might be ok to flame :wink:
October 10, 2006 1:03:21 PM

Your computer sucks. When are you going to upgrade unbiased4u.

Although I miss the ole days myself.
October 10, 2006 1:39:35 PM

The Devil Chicken. THE DEVIL CHICKEN!!!!

lol. oh yeah, don't flame :) 
October 10, 2006 2:02:01 PM

Hijacked thread? Already?

*yawn*
October 10, 2006 2:48:36 PM

eh, the thread is titled "the only stupid question..."

What do you expect? :) 
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2006 2:52:51 PM

MY concern is if you take the sticker off, the IHV might think you added someone else's for warranty purposes.

Not a big concern, but like many stickers say warranty void if removed, if it doesn't say that then you should be ok, but expect the possibility of questions.
October 11, 2006 6:48:50 PM

Quote:
No, I won't spare your feelings, that question was really dumb.

Why would you remove stickers on a video card? Do you see it in the manual? Can you read a manual? If you were meant to remove them then it would tell you to.

Good grief. "I know a lot about computers..." yeah right.

When i got 1 of the cards, the sticker was part way off, and looked like the fan was going to suck it up, so i just stick em on my case. Doesn't look like any residue is left, or anything that would show if its void or not, i hope. :D 
!