The only stupid question...

irondonkey

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
is the one you don't ask, so please be gentle with me. I'm actually pretty knowledgable about computers, but I haven't built one in about 8 years... these stickers on the back of video cards, are they supposed to be removed? The ones that you can see through the window on the box for.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
is the one you don't ask, so please be gentle with me. I'm actually pretty knowledgable about computers, but I haven't built one in about 8 years... these stickers on the back of video cards, are they supposed to be removed? The ones that you can see through the window on the box for.

I removed mine, but stuck them onto the front of my case so I dont loose them.

russki

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
There are no stupid questions only stupid answers.

That's true, there are no stupid questions. But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots...

(I am not referring to anyone on this thread in case people get worried)

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I like that one. :lol:

As do I. The sticker started coming off both of my GTXs because of the fans and sometimes the heat. If they ever broke, I'd be able to apply the sticker back on and still be considered under warranty right?

ElPolloDiablo

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
No, I won't spare your feelings, that question was really dumb.

Why would you remove stickers on a video card? Do you see it in the manual? Can you read a manual? If you were meant to remove them then it would tell you to.

Good grief. "I know a lot about computers..." yeah right.

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Please don't flame.

I took my sticker off my video card, but I keep the sticker in a safe area. If anything goes wrong, I just put the sticker back on :p The sticker is mostly for the warranty/returns

MY concern is if you take the sticker off, the IHV might think you added someone else's for warranty purposes.

Not a big concern, but like many stickers say warranty void if removed, if it doesn't say that then you should be ok, but expect the possibility of questions.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
No, I won't spare your feelings, that question was really dumb.

Why would you remove stickers on a video card? Do you see it in the manual? Can you read a manual? If you were meant to remove them then it would tell you to.

Good grief. "I know a lot about computers..." yeah right.

When i got 1 of the cards, the sticker was part way off, and looked like the fan was going to suck it up, so i just stick em on my case. Doesn't look like any residue is left, or anything that would show if its void or not, i hope. :D