newegg support giving me the runaround

shizza

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. If you could point me to the correct forum that'd be great.

I ordered a Gigabyte DS3 rev. 3.3 off newegg (retail - boxed with cables), and it wouldn't POST, so I sent it back for RMA.

They sent back an OEM (unboxed, no cables) DS3 rev. 1.0.

I've emailed their customer support 3 times now with nothing but runaround answers like "Our records seem to indicate order number #blah was replaced with #blah2 which is the same item."

I've tried to explain to them that the revision numbers are different products, with different prices on newegg, and that OEM doesn't mean the same as retail.

I'm not giving up, but does anyone have any tips? At this point, I'd really love my broken DS3 3.3 back so I could send it for a manufacturer's warranty. I don't want this rev 1.0 (not a guaranteed FSB1333) plus it has no cables so I can't do much with it anyway.

I thought about RMA'ing it again but the more I spend on shipping the more I just want to give up on the whole thing.

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
Not in the Other. I'd suggest going back one and checking it out.

*knocks shizza unconscious with a big mallet* [/welcome to the Other]

*stuffs shizza into a llama suit*

*ties shizza to a post*

*departs hurriedly*

Escalate the issue by email.

Make sure to include in your email:
What you purchased (revision/non oem) and what you received in return.
Make sure they know (in the email, restate it) that the board they included does not come with cables (explain OEM vs Retail without being patronizing).

Go up the chain. Do not sent the board out until you get an email (for records) stating what they will do for you.

Also, this happens some times. It does not matter if your a lil guy, or you order 100k yearly.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have you tried their Chat Support. Used it a couple times and the problem was immediately rectified. Rather than E Mail I would call them and as Comptia_Rep says, go up the line. I've always found directly talking to someone works better than E Mails. Although once the problem is resolved asked for a confirmation E Mail

shizza

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
As an update to this issue...

It took awhile but I got the manager of the guy I was last talking to (via email) and they seem to understand I have the wrong product now.

Unfortunately, they're claiming they can give me any "working" product, even a different one (OEM vs retail even), if it is now outside the 30 day return policy.

Just dealing with their customer service has been like a month and a half, so, any ideas?

I haven't had time to pursue the phone/chat suggestion, but I will try if I can.

Thanks for the help so far guys.